Unrealistic stupid transfers

On my game R. Madrid have bought Peter Masilela, Dirk Kuyt and Martin Petrov, whilst Barce have bought Antonio Floro Flores.

IRL these transfers would NEVER happen, i mean seriously, a South African LB playing averagely for Maccabi Haifa transferring to R. Madrid, Dirk Kuyt for 21m to Madrid and a 30 year-old Petrov to Madrid? And what about Floro Flores who in my game scored 0 in 6 games for Udinese before moving to Barce in January. Just had another look and Inter signed Stephan Lichtsteiner for 9m.

I just wonder, why do the top clubs buy unknown players who aren't even in good form whilst not even being interested in players who are in form (e.g. Emilio Nsue just scored 8 goals in the U20 WC and no-one's even interested in him, IRL top clubs would be all over him, e.g. Adiyiah IRL)? It's the other way round IRL.

Is it just my game that this happens in?

On masilela I totally agree. Nice and cheap at the start, does an absolutely fantastic job as a left back/wing back, in real life he would never transfer to madrid, but after 12 months of stellar performances for my Bremen squad, both milans, barca and madrid all came sniffing so it wouldn't surprise me to see him there in a game.

Archived