At what age

would you say it's right to start playing players in the first team ?

Right i started as man u and spent most of the 70/80 million on youth players in the first season and i bought some players during the 2 too. i've got a group of very good younger players but only play very few of them in the first team. Here's a list of who i have and there ages:

Goal keepers:

Simone David (18)

Alex smithies (21)

Alphonse Areola (18)

Full backs

Nathaniel Clyne (20)

Rafael/ Fabio de silva

A few others who are rated P/A at 2 1/2, 3 star

centre back's

Daniel Wilson (19)

Chris smalling (21)

phil jones (19)

Other defenders P/A 2 1/2 stars at 16/17

central midfield

jonjo shelvey (19)

Mats Rits (18)

Paul pogba (19)

Other cental midfielders that are 16/17 with P/A of 2 1/2 3 stars

Wide midfield/ wingers

Rodney Sneijder (20)

Ravel Morrison (18)

Richard steegs (18)

other wide mid's/ wingers 16/17 with P/A of 2 1/2 3 stars

strikers

ryder matos (18)

Iker muniain (18)

Yaya sanogo (18)

Neymar (19)

Jordan ayew (19)

Arsenio valpoort (19)

Federico Macheda (20)

danny welbeck (20)

Other strikers 16/17 with P/A of 2 1/2 3 stars

you got such a good lot of youngsters there that you obviously wont be able to play them all. depending on you formation and that may have something to do with it. i would suggest maybe playing them in the carling cups and games where you think you are certain that you will win. do this and some training and they will improve hopefully.

Maybe i went a bit mad when getting all those players in. My reserves have won both there group and cup both years and so have u18's.

Andy way Nottingham forest good luck for new season from a barnsley fan.

I think you'll probably have to loan a few of them out if you want them to get first team football. I signed quite a few youngsters for my Liverpool side. I kept the best 4 or 5 and played them either in cup games or in games when I was expected to win easily. The rest I sent to various feeder clubs in the lower leagues and abroad.

always good to play a few in the 1st team where i can. at ajax my finances have been hit a bit because we have got a loan to move stadium. so im cutting back a bit on spending money. however this has given me a chance to play a 20yo gk, 18yo rb, 18yo dmc, 18yo fc and a 16yo fc. none are regulars but some will still play 10/15 games this season if i still do well

If they're better than your first team players then play them, although I think you might have signed a bit too many...:rolleyes:

I'm about six seasons into the game and I have a couple of 18 year old regens that play regularly but most of my youngsters get loaned out if they're not good enough for the first team yet.

Hang on, you spent that much on youth and you didn't sign Romelu Lukaku? Are you mad?

On a different note, I personally think that as soon as a player is good enough to play first team football they should play first team football.

Playing as Stoke in the first season I signed Romelu Lukaku (aged 16) and he was my best striker by a fair way, so I started playing him immediately. He has played the whole season and is currently on 27 goals from about 42 games in all competitions, with 2 games to play.

With that many players it'll be difficult to bring them all into the first team. Can see a lot of them leaving before they play for you.

What i tend to do is keep them in the youth/reserve team until they're about 18, ship them off on loan for a year and then bring them back into the first team when they return (If they've improved). Nowadays the majority of my Liverpool are regens (Only 5 of my first 11 aren't)

Archived