3 Own Goals

My star striker on my Denmark squad plays for Saturn in Russia. I went to watch one of their games and the team they played lost 0-3. The team scored 3 own goals in the game, 2 of them by their left defender, the other by their keeper. I would have gone ballistic if that were my team.

Has anybody seen this before? Three own goals in one game. I know the Japanese national team lost to England after conceding two own goals in their friendly earlier this year.

IRL Jamie Carragher let in 2 own goals in a game against Man Utd. Cant remember a game (FM or IRL) where i have seen 3 in a game.

I bet its because deep down inside he is a man utd fan :rolleyes:;)

Im sure IRL Sunderland lost 3-0 with all the goals being from their own players. Roughly around 2000-2002 i think it was.

Do Englishmen take own goals on their team as series as the Brazilians do? I remember when I was young around 1992 or so, that a Brazilian keeper scored an own goal and was stabbed to death after the game.

Do Englishmen take own goals on their team as series as the Brazilians do? I remember when I was young around 1992 or so, that a Brazilian keeper scored an own goal and was stabbed to death after the game.

Actually , that was a Colombian player, named Escobar, who did an own goal during World Cup 94. He did it against USA and then Colombia got eliminated. He was killed and his house burned

Actually , that was a Colombian player, named Escobar, who did an own goal during World Cup 94. He did it against USA and then Colombia got eliminated. He was killed and his house burned

Right, I stand corrected. I was only 11 when it happened and couldn't remember much about it. Sucks though that they take that so seriously they would kill over it.

Im sure IRL Sunderland lost 3-0 with all the goals being from their own players. Roughly around 2000-2002 i think it was.

3-1. Two from Proctor, can't remember who got the other. Mexican waves going round the SoL that day, great atmosphere, we knew how bad we were. :D

Archived