International Management IRL

Hi guys

Just wondering if this really happens in real life. Do clubs tell the International managers they only want their players to play for 45 minutes in a friendly game? I would have thought it was more the fact if the player is injured or recovering then he will not go on International duty...if he is OK the International Manger has a right to play him for however long whilst under his control?

Anyone know the answer to this?

Does Sir Alex tell Fabio I only want Rooney to play 45 mins in next next weeks Friendly??

Hi guys

Just wondering if this really happens in real life. Do clubs tell the International managers they only want their players to play for 45 minutes in a friendly game? I would have thought it was more the fact if the player is injured or recovering then he will not go on International duty...if he is OK the International Manger has a right to play him for however long whilst under his control?

Anyone know the answer to this?

Does Sir Alex tell Fabio I only want Rooney to play 45 mins in next next weeks Friendly??

I don't think club managers will say exactly how long, but I'm sure they will put in a word to the international managers to say that they don't want their stars to play the full game in friendlies.

• Administrators

Just because the Manager instructs a player to play for 45 minutes does not mean that the International Manager is restricted, in game or IRL.

It is just to mirror press comments and manager interaction in game and in real life. But there are no 'rules' stopping an international manager from making their players play the full 90.

The scenario could just easily appear that from the First XI Fabio picks 9 players that their managers have said can only play 45 minutes.

Yet Fabio can only make 6 subsitions according to International Friendly rules.

Therefore, some club manager is going to be upset.

Wouldnt it therefore be better instead of having a "45" shown or something...instead have the icon changed to "Pr" or something to show that the club manager has requested or "asked" you to please not play him for the whole game and also the reason behind it.....Big game next week.....just recovered from an injury.....etc...etc..

Archived