Set piece coaching? please help!!

Usually I would search and search for good coaches as thats the fun of FM but I had a 4 and half star set-piece coach who got took from me and have spent too much money trying to find a new one but can only get 3 and half stars can anyone tell me what makes a good set-piece coach in FM 2010 please I would be very grateful.

I usually look for technique, tactics and attacking ahead of everything else. Mental if poss, and discipline is a bonus.

Do you mean for set piece training?

If so then tactics do nothing while attacking, mental & technique are all valued equally so you could have 15 in each or 20 in two of them and 5 in the other and the result would be the same.

determination, discipline & motivation are also all valued equally and needed for all types of coaching although their effect is less than the main training attributes.

Oh right ok thanks alot, its just thats where my players are either decreasing or not improving must just be my training thanks though for the help

Have you altered the default schedules?

Are you doing less set piece training than other areas?

What attributes in particular are dropping?

Best advice would be to look for the highest combination of DDM in the staff search (sort by Determination, then glance at the Discipline and Motivation ratings.) If DDM doesn't add up to at least 40, I don't bother with the coach as (in my experience at least) these ratings don't change. Stuff like Goalkeeping, Attacking, etc. will increase, however. So far in my game -8 or 9 leagues loaded- I have 15 coaches on my MLS squad and all of them have at least 4 stars. One problem I've noticed, though, is that many coaches (particularly the newgens) are being given unGodly coaching attributes, but suffer from low DDM scores, which limits how good they can be.

Archived