Network Game Help

I am playing with a friend on a network game using an edited database in which we have created our own teams.

We both have the same file on our lapptops, however when my friend joins the game his team name is changed and all his players have changed and are all from Jordan.

So instead of saying Fernando Torres it now says a made up name. This only applies to his and my team as he can see all other teams normally.

Any idea of how we can fix this problem?

I don't follow you. How does he load the editor file? I have the game already loaded up, then he joins and gets an unpack error and then his team and players names are weird.

At what point would he load the file?

Thanks

I dont think you can play an edited database on a network game.

Sure there was a few people asking the same question after 10.3 came out. Hope i am wrong for your games sake but i am pretty sure it wont play. You will probably find one of you getting a crash dump if you try and move the game date on.

We can play the game, currently in October 2009. Just his team and players names are all wrong. When he goes to team selection the players names are correct again and during the match, however after they change back to made up ones.

It's just annoying for him that the names keep changing and it's hard to look at his team as he doesn't know which player is which.

Yes 100% I sent it to him and gave him step by step instructions of where to put it. I find it strange that the game doesn't crash but instead makes up team and player names. Especially as we have created the teams we are using.

Archived