Corner rant

Opposition has a corner, plays it short to the near post, guy smashes it in... why does my markers not actually pick him up? It's ridiculous.

Defender: Oh look, there's an attacker standing free... Hi attacker! Hiya!!!

Attacker: GOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

How on earth do you stop it from happening? You can't put a man on them because they never pick them up. What are you supposed to do!?!?!

Sort it out SI!!!

Yeah, it's my tactics, I know... how about it's just a stupid bug in the game?

becouse the defult corner defense is awefully bad?

anyway, put gk on defult, put one player to guard each post (normaly i use the fullbacks), put 2 dc's on mark tall player....and put the rest of the team on man mark (yeah thats right, no players left forward)

by far the best corner defense set up I have used

you can have 2 to stay forward, 1 mark near post, 1 mark far post, 2 CD mark tall player, rest man mark.

it works better to just clog the box with all your players, might not offer so many conter attacking options and may result in new corners or throw ins for the oposing team, but trust me, in terms of defending it work so much better that its just silly

Opposition has a corner, plays it short to the near post, guy smashes it in... why does my markers not actually pick him up? It's ridiculous.

How on earth do you stop it from happening? You can't put a man on them because they never pick them up. What are you supposed to do!?!?!

Sort it out SI!!!

hahaha i do this to the opposition all the time great tactic to score goals.

becouse the defult corner defense is awefully bad?

anyway, put gk on defult, put one player to guard each post (normaly i use the fullbacks), put 2 dc's on mark tall player....and put the rest of the team on man mark (yeah thats right, no players left forward)

by far the best corner defense set up I have used

This is what I use, and the AI tactic you mention is nulified. Except I usually leave a winger up-field (all my wingers are very fast little buggers).

Sort it out SI!!!

As rants go this isn't even a half decent one.

How about its not a bug and its your tactics/players.

Toys back in pram now?

Is this not the famous 'corner bug', just with the roles reversed?

No, he just needs to sort his marking out. Instead of having players on 'go back' they all need to be set to 'man mark' otherwise players will be left free, as the OP is suffering from.There you go, solved.

No, he just needs to sort his marking out. Instead of having players on 'go back' they all need to be set to 'man mark' otherwise players will be left free, as the OP is suffering from.There you go, solved.

Fair enough, the toys can be picked up now then.

• 3 weeks later...

Not related to this specific corner issue, but since we're blowing off steam here, my pet-peeve regarding corners is that nearly 3/4 of my crosses manage to hit the opposing fullback smack in the face and pop behind the line.

Seriously, I sometimes wonder if my opposition doesn't leave the field all concussed or something.

Thanks, i found this near post thing was happening too, looks like the default settings are no good, or at least exploited by AI. Man marking fixes it.

If the game did eerything for you it would be too easy. The default settings are just a general guideline and not perfect obviously.

Archived