Giving some of the transfer budget back to board, to have them grant your request

Playing Millwall in 2017. I will receive probably around 50~60M transfer budget next season.

Already have enough players in my squad, and probably will use only 20~25M of it at most.

I am making requests to the board to improve the youth facilities for 4 seasons now, and they always reject because they don't have enough money for that.

How about me offering half of the transfer budget to them, and ask them to use it for the new facilities?

Opinions?

The thing is whenever I've reduced my transfer budget in the past my wage budget usually goes up in relation to the percentage I cut back. Its worth a shot though.

Are you joking? if not, the whole purpose of editing your budget is to reduce wage/transfer to raise the other? So it should always go up when you reduce the other...

A budget is seperate to bank balance. The budget is you have X amount to spend and that won't change beyond the sliders. By not spending your budget your bank balance won't decrease so just don't buy if you dont need to. To upgrade your youth facilities you need a higher bank balance. Trim back on the wage bill maybe, sell a few players. Get the balance nice and high, do a good job managerial wise and then eventually it will happen.

Probably yes, but wouldn't a direct approach be easier?

I mean, they are giving me 60M pounds. So, instead of trying to be a merchant/manager or trying to impress them even more which would take a couple of seasons to accomplish, why not just give them the money, apparently the only thing they need?

Recently a club in the EPL upgraded their both youth and 1st team training facilities from average to good, cost them only around 15M.

Ive seen AI clubs improve youth/training facilities from practically none to 'state of the art/whatever hioghest training is' in 1 season.

Yet I've always had to go through multiple seasonal requests to achive the same effect.

Different boards use different values as the 'minimum £ needed' for improvents to go ahead.

Archived