Stadiums

Having started a game with TSV 1860 Munchen, i noticed that both Munich teams play in the same stadium, then i checked that they used to play in the Olympiastadion. what i thought would be a nice feature, would be that if my finances get better over an certain period of time that there could an option to move back there on my own with the club agreeing certain amount of rent etc

This also could be implanted in other areas of the game, such as if the world cup comes to town, the stadiums left over could be offered to the clubs to move into or if your club put into administration, the ground could be sold off and you would then pay rent or ground share, until the club has recovered enough money to move back in or re buys.

Also what would be nice to see is if your club is really big and you built an new one, the old stadium could be used for your reserve team with certain amount of seating removed.

What do you think ?

I like the ideas apart from the reserve stadium one. I dont think any reserve team is big enough to keep an old stadium just for their reserves. clubs need the money by selling it off, plus reserve crowds are small and theres usually no entry fee.

I certainly agree with the world cup stadia suggestions though. new stadia should be built for world cup hostings if they don't have them already. and your club should be able to move into them

I like the ideas apart from the reserve stadium one. I dont think any reserve team is big enough to keep an old stadium just for their reserves. clubs need the money by selling it off, plus reserve crowds are small and theres usually no entry fee.

I certainly agree with the world cup stadia suggestions though. new stadia should be built for world cup hostings if they don't have them already. and your club should be able to move into them

The Munich teams use there really old stadium called Grünwalder Stadion, that around 15 thousand i think. What about if a local team is in trouble there could your reserve team and the local club playing there ?

Plus some of the saves i have seen people have, where the money they have to spare is ridiculous.

Also teams should get new/expanded stadia for world cups, for example if you play in a city with a decent population but a small stadium (Plymouth are the IRL example that leap to mind) the powers that be could build a new stadium or expand your current one. I'd also like to see more of a build up, more detail and a 'back the bid' sort of atmosphere around world cup bids.

Having started a game with TSV 1860 Munchen, i noticed that both Munich teams play in the same stadium, then i checked that they used to play in the Olympiastadion. what i thought would be a nice feature, would be that if my finances get better over an certain period of time that there could an option to move back there on my own with the club agreeing certain amount of rent etc

This also could be implanted in other areas of the game, such as if the world cup comes to town, the stadiums left over could be offered to the clubs to move into or if your club put into administration, the ground could be sold off and you would then pay rent or ground share, until the club has recovered enough money to move back in or re buys.

Also what would be nice to see is if your club is really big and you built an new one, the old stadium could be used for your reserve team with certain amount of seating removed.

What do you think ?

I think you will find that the olympia stadium was demolished to construct the new one. I am sure I read that somewhere.

Also teams should get new/expanded stadia for world cups, for example if you play in a city with a decent population but a small stadium (Plymouth are the IRL example that leap to mind) the powers that be could build a new stadium or expand your current one. I'd also like to see more of a build up, more detail and a 'back the bid' sort of atmosphere around world cup bids.

This definitely, many Aussie stadiums are looking at upgrades if we get a world cup

Stadium upgrades for a World Cup would be good, it would be rather nice to see some media items announcing the stadia that are going to be used for a tournament.

Even better than that would be some media items regarding a bid for a World Cup, with a list of stadia and potential upgrades that would happen should the bid be successful.

While I think that there are some neat ideas for possible features in your suggestions, this example does definitely NOT meet any reasonable requirements. I'd love some more in-depth features like the list of chosen stadiums or possible expansions for big tournaments like the world cup, maybe even a way to get your own stadium among those few. Selling a stadium if the club is a couple of leagues lower than where they started at would be a nice touch too, if the club remains unsuccessful for some time.

The point of fact for your example is though, that TSV 1860 Munich was once 50% owner of the holding company which built the Allianz Arena (their current stadium) until they had to sell their share because of financial difficulties to the other partner of said company, FC Bayern Munich. Furthermore, both FC Bayern Munich and TSV 1860 Munich had been playing in the Olympiastadion which was built for the Olympic Summer Games in 1972, while TSV 1860 Munich was at times playing at the Gruenwalder Stadion whenever they weren't so successful (I don't know if that was generally true or only for certain periods). All that aside though, both the Allianz Arena and the Olympiastadion were built for a capacity of ~69k and since TSV 1860 Munich doesn't own either stadium (Olympiastadion is owned by the town, as well as the Gruenwalder Stadion), there's no need for a move because they would need to pay rent either way. The Gruenwalder Stadion, built in 1911 by TSV 1860 Munich and owned until they sold it to the town in 1937, has been renovated several times and was only recently reconstructed but downsized to 12k and would not be an option either (games are limited at the highest to the 3. Bundesliga, the league in which Bayern Munich II is currently at, as well as matches for youth leagues and the female squad of FC Bayern).

So you see, for 1860, there really is no other choice than renting either one or the other stadium. I have no clue why they're choosing one over the other but from what I remember, the Olympiastadion was never all that popular with the club's fans. It most likely has to do with an existing contract.

I think you will find that the olympia stadium was demolished to construct the new one. I am sure I read that somewhere.

Haha funny thought as one of the reasons the Allianz Arena was built was that the clubs werent even allowed to make minor changes to the Oympiastadium as the architect blocked it.

Archived