Just an idea that i have had that could be implemented for future FM titles

ok so the idea i have is maybe another stat added to the players mentality attributes,

im unsure what to call the stat...but it goes as follows, we all know the phrase super sub yeah? great example Solskjaer :D

well how about bringing a stat into the game to show a players ability at being able to come off the bench and fit right into the game and into the thick of things?

could be useful on many levels for example;-

- youngsters that you want on the bench in certain games and want to bring on for experience...ones with a higher stat in this area would be more suitable than others

-utility players that you use just to run out games that you are leading or gaining a valuable point from

-and the obvious super sub to try and clinch you a much needed goal

could be useful in all kinds of situations but its just an idea and i know its too late for fm11 but in future additions could be added and would be a good stat to add, obvously not as important as match engine as so on but would be a nice addition :)

what do you guys think?

well their needs to be a stat for the scout to pick up on it, weather it be seen or hidden.

i think its something that managers in real life understand, SAF knew what devastating effect solskjaer could have on a game when coming off the bench which is why he was used in that way so often

well their needs to be a stat for the scout to pick up on it, weather it be seen or hidden.

i think its something that managers in real life understand, SAF knew what devastating effect solskjaer could have on a game when coming off the bench which is why he was used in that way so often

It had nothing to do with him coming off the bench. He was still a great scorer when starting. It was just that the Cole/Yorke combination was so good, why would you want to break it up. Solskjaer used to come on when we needed something different and always provided it.

I dont think Solskjaer was left on the bench purposely for that job. It was just the fact that Cole and Yorke were the best combination so unfortunately Solskjaer and Sherringham often had to settle for the bench.

He just got the tag 'super sub' because more often than not, he was a sub because Cole and Yorke always started. If Solskjaer never scored when starting games then fair enough but he scored regardless of when he was on the pitch.

back on topic, why not make it a ppm? Although asking a player to learn to be a good sub would be hard. Im sure there is a way of putting it in, if it was a ppm and they either started their career with it or learnt it, it would mean they wouldnt complain at being a sub each week?

It had nothing to do with him coming off the bench. He was still a great scorer when starting. It was just that the Cole/Yorke combination was so good, why would you want to break it up. Solskjaer used to come on when we needed something different and always provided it.

I dont think Solskjaer was left on the bench purposely for that job. It was just the fact that Cole and Yorke were the best combination so unfortunately Solskjaer and Sherringham often had to settle for the bench.

He just got the tag 'super sub' because more often than not, he was a sub because Cole and Yorke always started. If Solskjaer never scored when starting games then fair enough but he scored regardless of when he was on the pitch.

maybe so but SAF still knew the effect solskjaer could have coming off the bench, that was his key role at man utd for a long time, adds to my point though as players with a proness to getting injured could be used in this way and still have a good career out of it like solskjaer, just one example.

i mean if you knew you had a player with great ability and could come straight off the bench and make a mark on the game then surely you would use him to such effect when needed?

Archived