Should the maximum of PA add by decade?

I have made the data of legend.

In my data,the 1950's best player's(symbol:di Stefano) PA is 150;the 1960's best player's (symbol:Pele) PA is 160;the 1970's best player's (symbol:Cruyff) PA is 170;the 1980's best player's (symbol:Maradona) PA is 180.

The theoretics in footbal field I believe is today‘s player is always better than yesterday’s.

Let us see Maradona's best goal in Worldcup,the England defender's marking is so not professional. In 09-10's Champion League,Messi also do Maradona‘s shoot,but Lucio and Samuel saved every goal.Can you Lucio's action in 1986's Worldcup?NO!

1960's and 1970's football is terrible too,in Pele's year,we cannot see maturely attack and defence,just run and shot.

Use time machine send 28 years old di Stefano to this year,he definitely cannot be a player of Real Madrid.

In one word,I think 2010’s best player's PA should be 210;2020's best player's PA should be 220 and so on......

Why should a player's PA be limited by the era he was from? I could understand limiting the CA to make direct comparisons betwen generations but surely these players would have had the same potential as the modern footballers but be less likely to reach it due to the differences in training, diet and everything else that has moved on in the modern game?

You're having a laugh, surely? Are you really saying that Di Stefano is the rough equal of someone like Nicky Butt? You can't compare football of different eras. For a start, tactics were completely different in different generations, making the game radically different. In the same way that you say Di Stefano wouldn't thrive now for Real Madrid, Messi would struggle in most other eras of football.

I think if you are creating a legends database then it would be best to assume that the best players of a generation should be the best players in your game. It would be rather silly to have a player like Pele struggling to get into a Premier League team.

You're having a laugh, surely? Are you really saying that Di Stefano is the rough equal of someone like Nicky Butt? You can't compare football of different eras. For a start, tactics were completely different in different generations, making the game radically different. In the same way that you say Di Stefano wouldn't thrive now for Real Madrid, Messi would struggle in most other eras of football.

So true, imagine Kaka, Messi and co. being kicked from post to post, footballers require different attributes than they did even 15 years ago.

Football was a more physical game back then. If it came to a game between the old sides of the 70's and now. The players now may well skin half the 70's team, but then they'd get kicked off the park when they got near the goal.

The players of the olden days are the real footballers, when it was a mans game.

Football was a more physical game back then. If it came to a game between the old sides of the 70's and now. The players now may well skin half the 70's team, but then they'd get kicked off the park when they got near the goal.

The players of the olden days are the real footballers, when it was a mans game.

Depends what we mean by physical. Certainly, you don't get away with the tackles / thuggery you did back then. But, thinking of physical in another way, the pace, strength and stamina of modern footballers is way up on days gone by.

Back to the OP though, I don't agree with PA incrementaly going up with time. Top players are top players. If you put Maradona, Pele, Cruyff, Di Stefano, Puskas etc in 2010 they would also have access to all the training, diet etc that modern footballers have now and they'd adapt and be every bit as good.

Archived