Is it possible to send Cristiano Ronaldo Back to Sporting Lisbon?

If not, That should be a New feature on FM, If a player gets old they could go back to the team they started or where they loved....

He's 35 Now still good but His Contract finishes this season and am not sure if i want to Renew it, Even Rooney's Contract is about to end but am not sure if i want to extend it by a year....

7CristianoRonaldo.png

10WayneRooney.png

Old players will accept huge pay cuts if you renew their contracts only a few weeks before they expire. For some reason, you should be safe of offers from other clubs for them. Wait for April and watch their demands go down.

Looking at their attributes I'd actually recommend keeping Ronaldo for another year. Also Rooney should be a good back-up. Both should be able to be kept at lower salaries as I said.

With your other point I agree. Big players should be more likely to finish their careers with their initial clubs if they love them and if they don't receive a new offer from their current big club and those clubs should be more likely to approach them. :thup:

Rooney's not playing enough games for me to offer him a new contract. He'd have to take a drastic cut from £87k p/w to play around 10 games a season. Similarly for Ronaldo, there's no way I'd pay anywhere near £120k p/w if he's making that amount of appearances

Rooney's not playing enough games for me to offer him a new contract. He'd have to take a drastic cut from £87k p/w to play around 10 games a season. Similarly for Ronaldo, there's no way I'd pay anywhere near £120k p/w if he's making that amount of appearances

leave till the last minute like jayahr said. if they like the club and stuff youll be suprised at how much theyll accept. if they dont its no hard loss if they move.

I wonder what Ronaldo will look like at 35 years old. Full of wrinkles covering his pretty face no doubt. :p

Yup. No doubt 35 is the age of deep old age. Just look at Beckham, he is all so wrinkled and horribly looking. What about women? Even worse.

But I understand you, since you are probably 12 everyone above 20 is an old man for you :D

I thought it would be a nice feature if a player would declare that he wants to end his career at his home club; maybe when he makes his first transfer, or just a few years before retirement. It would also be nice to have some say in this as a manager: to, for example, as the Sporting manager, ask Ronaldo to return for his final few seasons.

Archived