New Idea: Signing players for your next club?

For me this would be a rare thing because i basically never ever leave a team i start the game managing... maybe because i've never had good enough offers to tempt me away...

But i was just thinking of a great new idea. Which would be a nice little touch i think.

Basically wouldn't it be nice if you knew a player was going out of contract at the end of the season.... and you would potentially want him... but before the 6 month window comes along (where you can offer him a contract)... you get approached to take over another club and you decide to delay it and join them at the end of the season... now on the current fm you'd be in a position where you couldn't sign that player for your new club... but i'm proposing you could tell your future club that you want them to try to agree to sign the guy so that he joins at the same time i do!

Obviously you could maybe extend it further by being able to make real signings but then that would be mroe complicated as you'd have to try tell your club how much you want to spend on the player, obviously it would still work because they'd set in the transfer offer that the player would join at "end of the season". So maybe just stick with the free option!? Anyway just a thought.

PS i know its too late for it to get into FM11... maybe the next version!

What do you think? Probably 1 of the better ideas out there.

I do like this idea. But the frequency of being approached from another club for me happens too rarely. In my games i have never had the option to delay a contract till the end of the season.

Whilst managing Wolfsburg in February I was able to postpone my arrival to Liverpool until the end of season. When I got there i had £30M to spend but club were £5M in the red, plus squad was aging and of poor quality. Thus, i left promptly afterwards, sometime in December and took over at Chelsea after they sacked their manager. Should never have left Wolfsburg.

Has anyone ever postponed the offer of joining a club till the end of the season?

Yes it's quite handy if you want to finish the season with your current club for whatever reason, e.g. if you're in with a chance of winning a trophy. For me they have always come back at the end of the season with the offer again

Archived