Is There A Way To Tell If Injuries Are Occuring Realistically?

Hi Guys,

I've read a number of threads that talk about whether or not injuries occur realistically. Some people say they occur too much and others say it is realistic and some say not enough injuries. My team is actually doing fine. I only have 4 injuries and all 4 are my reserves so I have nothing to complain about. However, I took notice of the Injury Table for the English Premier League and poor Manchester United have been clobbered with 10 injuries!!!! 7 of them are their starters (Michael Carrick, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen, Paul Scholes, Patrice Evra, Wayne Rooney and Owen Hargreaves). Ouch!! There are a total of 87 injuries throughout the Premier League. 4 other teams have 7 injuries.

Anyway, I don't know if that is realistic or not, it may be, but my question is - Is there a way to tell statistically if the rate of injuries in FM are accurate?

The only website I know of where I can make somewhat of a comparison is www.Physioroom.com but as far as I know they don't have an archive section where I can look back on a certain date to see how many injuries there were in the Premier League.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeff

Play the game - don't worry too much. ;)

I think its realitic. Ie. Melbourne Victory, in real life, had three 12 month ACL injuries in the space of about 18 months, all to key players. Kemp, Thompson and Celeski.

If that happened in the game, nearly everybody would be ****ed off at how rigged it is.

p.s. I have no suggestion at how you could actually check it.

• 3 weeks later...

The only website I know of where I can make somewhat of a comparison is www.Physioroom.com but as far as I know they don't have an archive section where I can look back on a certain date to see how many injuries there were in the Premier League.

Click on a team to see their injury history and from there you can click on individual players.

Archived