Had Enough!

Now how many times have you heard that for a title!?

Right then, I have gone on all the tactical discussions even downloaded many tactics and made my own.I have looked at Wolfgangs teamtalk page.

But the same thing happens over and over again,

Your Team - Shots on Goal: 20+ Shots on Target: 5. GOALS 1

Computer - Shots on Goal: 2 Shots on Target: 2 Goals 2!!!!!!!!!

WHY WHY WHY WHY?

People will say it is your tactics, WHAT ALL 20 OF THEM! NO. Its your players, WHAT CHELSEA, ARSENAL, MAN U, REAL MADRID, INTER, BARCELONA players! NO.

Football manager is the problem always has and always will be. Since it came out under the name Championship Manager over 15 years ago the problem has always been 1 shot 1 goal for the computer. IT STILL EXISTS! SORT IT OUT!

Now people will say that it does not happen all the time. I would say 90% it does.

I am writing this now because once again I have had to stop play before I go mad.

No screenshots but this is what happened, away to Valencia with At Madrid. I lost 6-0.

I told my AM to not do long shots, 9 of them from 20 yards!! LOW CF as well. MY ST pass to feet, never touched the ball!

I had 24 shots in total from other players.

HOW MANY DID THEY HAVE? 6!

Your going to say there defence was great that is why your ST never touched the ball. He never bloody moved! There was no point in the end, not with the AM constantly shooting.

Well thanks for listening, I could go on but it would only repeat what hundreds of others have already wrote.

Well I hope that you feel better now.

Reading your post is 2 minutes of my life wasted that I will never get back.

If this is consistantly happening then it must be something you are doing wrong because these situations very rarely occur for me. They gennerally happen when I am playing against vastly superior opponents. Having said that it does happen occassionally against other teams.

For example I just got outplayed in the league cup final by a Rangers team that are 13 points behind me in the league and I lost 5-0. I accept that my team was poor on the day and that Rangers outclassed my team.

If you are regularly finding that playing as the big teams you have listed you are still being outplayed then I challenge you to concede that it may be something you are doing wrong.

The game does not cheat, it is a game it cannot cheat.

Your post isconstructed in such a way that I for 1 feel no inclination to help you other than to ask you to post without using capitals in future.

Thanks

Originally posted by northernmonkey:

Right then, I have gone on all the tactical discussions even downloaded many tactics and made my own.I have looked at Wolfgangs teamtalk page.

WHY WHY WHY WHY?

People will say it is your tactics, WHAT ALL 20 OF THEM! NO. Its your players, WHAT CHELSEA, ARSENAL, MAN U, REAL MADRID, INTER, BARCELONA players! NO.

Football manager is the problem always has and always will be. Since it came out under the name Championship Manager over 15 years ago the problem has always been 1 shot 1 goal for the computer. IT STILL EXISTS! SORT IT OUT!

Now people will say that it does not happen all the time. I would say 90% it does.

I am writing this now because once again I have had to stop play before I go mad.

No screenshots but this is what happened, away to Valencia with At Madrid. I lost 6-0.

I told my AM to not do long shots, 9 of them from 20 yards!! LOW CF as well. MY ST pass to feet, never touched the ball!

Your going to say there defence was great that is why your ST never touched the ball. He never bloody moved! There was no point in the end, not with the AM constantly shooting.

Well thanks for listening, I could go on but it would only repeat what hundreds of others have already wrote.

Must be your press statements then if it isn't your tactics or team talks icon_razz.gif

I did not say the game cheated nor do I think it does.

I think the programmers have got it wrong, it does constantly happen.

I have played many many tactics with different teams and players but it just keeps happening. I would love to play an attractive game and win alot but I know that is not possible irl never mind here so I do accept the odd kicking!

Only i cannot accept the AI hardly touching the ball for 90 mins and then banging one in when my defence is not looking! Also my players disregarding what I tell them.

How can I stop long shots? They are set to rarely and I have adjusted CF but it still happens.

Originally posted by golfpunk:

Must be your press statements then if it isn't your tactics or team talks icon_razz.gif

Well, the media comments could be the problem icon_wink.gif , but I'm gonna guess it still boils down to wrong tactics for the players he is using. I'd had similar problems when trying to use kimz tactics, lots of shots, not a lot of goals. So I changed my tactics, and now I'm scoring a goal for every 2(good day) to 4 (bad day) shots on target. My players don't see much of the ball, possession hovers from 30% to 40%, but when they get it, they know what to do now.

Quite a few, I'll admit. It's usually followed by inane ranting.

Right then, I have gone on all the tactical discussions even downloaded many tactics and made my own.

You've gone on all the tactical discussions? That's pretty impressive.

I have looked at Wolfgangs teamtalk page.

Then you should be guaranteed success in every game.

WHY WHY WHY WHY?

There are lots of possible reasons. Mainly, because football, as in life, isn't always fair.

Well, sometimes it will be your tactics. And sometimes it will be your players. All those teams you just mentioned lose matches they dominate sometimes.

Well, no. The game actually has had numerous problems. Some get sorted, some don't. Most will. I'm sorry, but I think most of us have seen the opposition shoot more than once and miss. I've also won plenty of games where I've been battered. Including last night.

Well that settles that, then. All hose people who'd say it doesn't happen all the time must just be wrong. And 90%? Interesting figure. How did you arrive at that?

m writing this now because once again I have had to stop play before I go mad.

I think you might be too late.

screenshots but this is what happened, away to Valencia with At Madrid. I lost 6-0.

No screenshots, huh? Sounds about right. Oh, and Valencia could beat Atletico 6-0 at home.

Told my AM to not do long shots, 9 of them from 20 yards!! LOW CF as well. MY ST pass to feet, never touched the ball!

What sort of personality does your AM have? Maybe he's the type to ignore instructions and go his own way. Maybe, just maybe, their defence was playing very well. There are plenty of possible explanations.

thanks for listening, I could go on but it would only repeat what hundreds of others have already wrote.

It was a pleasure. I could go on explaining what's great about the game, but I would only repeat what thousands of others write and think about it.

Mike7077,

I aggree with everything you said, sadly for us it will fall on deaf ears and the rants will continue.

As for being unable to do well because of the game despite managing Barcelona; well i've just won the Spanish league and CL for the second year running. Actually in my second season I went 57 games unbeaten and won both Super Cups, Intercontinental, La Liga, Spanish Cup and CL so that was 5 trophies in one season.

But yeah you're right it isn't your tactics, and it must be the game icon_rolleyes.gif

Here's a good one for you then:

Arsenal 2 - 2[p] Derby

My first Champions League Title. I'm sure if I were managing Arsenal I would have defenestrated the bitch right onto that Jackass always complaining about my bins! But for once I was on the other side of this. From memory Arsenal had some 39 shots with 28 on target. They had 2 goals. I had 1 shot from a freekick and a penalty I got from a corner (which was from some idiot clearing it behind). What was my secret, I was playing defensively and rode my luck, it happens.

I [now] always seem to concede due to my team pushing up too much, there is a distinct possibility that you are on the offensive far too much. Either that or just terrible luck. I was 3-0 up around the 85' against Lyon a few seasons back in the Champions League group stage... That's right I lost 6-3. Benzema got 5 goals in 5 minutes and was promply injured by my captain, who in that moment got sent off and conceded a penalty. I can't remember who took it though. The joke's on Benzema though, that twit was out for a couple of months!

Originally posted by Nomis07:

Mike7077,

I aggree with everything you said, sadly for us it will fall on deaf ears and the rants will continue.

As for being unable to do well because of the game despite managing Barcelona; well i've just won the Spanish league and CL for the second year running. Actually in my second season I went 57 games unbeaten and won both Super Cups, Intercontinental, La Liga, Spanish Cup and CL so that was 5 trophies in one season.

But yeah you're right it isn't your tactics, and it must be the game icon_rolleyes.gif

a suberb manager and modest aswell.

all i can see is, its a game, dont get too worked up, i would say the majority of people arent having problems with the game(even though there are some bugs) so if the mojority arent having problems the minority that are having problems are doing something wrong, fact.

I think it's time SI started closing these ridiculous rants as soon as they start. A link to the previous half-dozen should suffice as explanation.

While I agree it's unrealistic, it's still easily dealt with in the game. If you're have that many chances and only scoring one in twenty you must be doing something wrong. If I'm in that situation I change the tempo and/or passing style of my tactics. Nothing major, just little tweaks.

Again, I accept it's not realistic, but it's easy to sort if you have a decent team.

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

a suberb manager and modest aswell.

Ha, you've mentioned it before so I just think you're jealous icon_biggrin.gif

I'm actually ashamed of it and think it has kinda ruined my save game. I miss Bayern Munich and scrapeing past Lyon in the QF's, but the for instance served me well in this debate.

In complete contrast to the OP I think the game is far far far too easy when playing as one of the top sides, I used the same tactic as Bayern and only made the CL once (lost), but went to Barca and have won it two years in a row and the level of player quality isn't too different (but for Messi).

It has fuelled a future thread me thinks about top teams ruinging the enjoyment of struggling.

PS. I resigned last night after the CL final.

icon_biggrin.gif

Not just this quote, but well a well put response. Hopefully the OP will have calmed down a little before the next time he goes out in public.

While there are many bugs that need sorting out, I don't think difficult matches is one of them. Despite the plethora of rants on this subject there must be 1000 satisfied customers for every dissatisfied one (pulled that figure out of the air, BTW), otherwise there'd be even more rants.

Despite the plethora of rants on this subject there must be 1000 satisfied customers for every dissatisfied one

i demand to see your researchicon_wink.gif

tbh i never noticed any flaws in the game until i joined the forum, it hasnt ruined my game or anything, just made me realise when people bring stuff up.

I never saw flaws in this game until i went to the forums. But now I still enjoy it(my computer would say otherwise)

relax, have a cold drink. And if things don't go your way, quit. You dont HAVE to play. I recommend a good ol' COD4 game to get your adrenaline racing again.

And if my Barca team finish 2nd this year, i will promptly resign icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by northernmonkey:

WHY WHY WHY WHY?

Because fm08 is not a game it is a "simulation" , it is not made for fun but to make you feel "simulated" .

judging from your anger you look "simulated" in a satisfying degree.

Originally posted by Mike7077:

Right then, I have gone on all the tactical discussions even downloaded many tactics and made my own.

WHY WHY WHY WHY?

There are lots of possible reasons. Mainly, because football, as in life, isn't always fair.

Well, sometimes it will be your tactics. And sometimes it will be your players. All those teams you just mentioned lose matches they dominate sometimes.

Well, no. The game actually has had numerous problems. Some get sorted, some don't. Most will. I'm sorry, but I think most of us have seen the opposition shoot more than once and miss. I've also won plenty of games where I've been battered. Including last night.

Well that settles that, then. All hose people who'd say it doesn't happen all the time must just be wrong. And 90%? Interesting figure. How did you arrive at that?

screenshots but this is what happened, away to Valencia with At Madrid. I lost 6-0.

No screenshots, huh? Sounds about right. Oh, and Valencia could beat Atletico 6-0 at home.

Told my AM to not do long shots, 9 of them from 20 yards!! LOW CF as well. MY ST pass to feet, never touched the ball!

What sort of personality does your AM have? Maybe he's the type to ignore instructions and go his own way. Maybe, just maybe, their defence was playing very well. There are plenty of possible explanations.

thanks for listening, I could go on but it would only repeat what hundreds of others have already wrote.

It was a pleasure. I could go on explaining what's great about the game, but I would only repeat what thousands of others write and think about it.

u Suck

Originally posted by red_dwarfer_2005:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

WHY WHY WHY WHY?

You suck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you know text lnguage is against the rules icon_wink.gif

you know i think i may lose a few games tonight, just so i can come on here and rant, every one else is doing it, i feel left out icon_frown.gif

In the champions league final with Milan against PSV I had 20 shots on goal and they had one, and they won 1-0.

I stopped playing FM after that (this was in January) and have started playing again 6 months later. I'm really enjoying the game now and this problem hasn't happened to me yet.

So I recommend you stop playing for 6 months, that should sort out the problem icon_wink.gif

The inconsistency is a problem along with the lack of defensive play on whatever tactic.

I can beat a team 7-1 one week then get beaten 6-0 at home in the next game with the same team. It just depends what mood your goalkeeper's in. I don't get many games where I have 30+ shots and only score once. In fact, it's quite refreshing when I do.

All my games are as if neither team has any defence (I play defensively with defensive line right back) and there's usually three goals, at least for both sides.

9-7 is the record. Have had that twice. And I think I've seen a couple of 0-0s in about 13 seasons. Had two 1-0 wins this season because my top striker's done his cruciates in.

With the game, and it has been this from FM07 onwards, you have to learn how to 'crack' the game. Now don't go banning me for piracy - by cracking I mean breaking down the AI team - knowing what they are doing and how to counter it. It's also a lot about playing to the strengths of your team and also somewhat to the weaknesses of theirs.

This is why FM is so challenging; so many give up in frustration. Cleon is one very good example of someone who has learned what to do to counter any AI action. So it can be done. In the end, you get more out if you put more in, which loses the value of the game as a pick-up-and-play game. But it's not supposed to be that: it's an advanced title that prides itself on the match engine. I don't understand the match engine: I found it difficult to play - so in the near future I am hoping to start an ambitious project on the T&T forums.

In understanding the entire ethos of the game, you'll learn to not get frustrated: because you'll know what's going wrong, and what to do. But that's difficult to learn, but learn it and you'll enjoy the game. Give the game up if you like, there's no obligation to go in-depth to understand the AI, you can play another football management title. Because at the end of the day, it's about what you choose to do. If you want the in-depth football manager tactical analysis, play FM, but if you want to be more successful with relative ease, which there is nothing wrong with, play a different game.

Originally posted by canvey!!:

- by cracking I mean breaking down the AI team -

This is my major problem with FM, rather than play football the way want to play football I find myself trying to beat the AI and the way that works for me isn't the way I would actually like to do it.

This is my major problem with FM, rather than play football the way want to play football I find myself trying to beat the AI and the way that works for me isn't the way I would actually like to do it.

However, at the end of the day - sometimes you can't afford that luxury. In some of Cleon's work he noted that he actually strayed from what is the sound tactical policy to go more attacking (e.g.), because he had the quality of players that can do that.

IRL, you will find a team playing very defensive football against footballing giants, take Romania vs. France for example. Now, I'm sure Victor Piţurcă didn't want to play that way - but he knew he had to because it was the best way to get a good result - just like in FM. It's well implemented, if you ask me.

Originally posted by red_dwarfer_2005:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike7077:

WHY WHY WHY WHY?

u Suck </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow.. That hurts. icon_frown.gif

Archived