Team Bath in Conference South

Taken from Wikipedia:

Team Bath FC was founded in 1999 with the stated aim of being a fully-fledged football club within the environment of the University, allowing players to combine full-time training with a university course, something which the club describes as unique in British football. Team Bath state that they have to date recruited over 50 young former professionals, most of whom have graduated, and many of whom have subsequently returned to the professional game.

Basically almost all their players are students who study at Bath University while playing.

Taken from their website:

Team Bath FC is no ordinary football club. It is a fully-fledged football club within the environment of the University of Bath. It provides players with the opportunity to train and play as full-time footballers whilst following a course of study.

i reckon they'll just make it that you can't but players, but rather every year you get a new group of players

i reckon this could be a really difficult team to manage as your squad average age is gna be really low, and your best players will have to leave before they even peak

but yeah this could make an exciting challenge, don't know if i'm patient enought to give it a go, i mean i've never made it past league 2 in dafuge's icon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WH:

And you don't need to worry about finances as they are funded by the tax payer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just don't get too successful or you'll have to start paying off your student loan though...

Even though the players must be students of the university, they don't necessarily have to be young (as in teenagers) surely.

In theory, a player coming up to retirement could decide it's time to read Medieval Literature!

I guess Team Bath would have to stay part-time (or is it amateur), and I suppose contracts would be 3-4 years and then they'd have to move on, but otherwise, hypothetically, you could argue a case for minimal player restrictions.

Archived