Offside

Does the match engine understand the offside rule? In real life you basically don't put the flag up unless someone who's offside either makes an attempt to go for the ball, or touches the ball, yet on here, you can have someone 25 yards to the left of where the ball is going, not interfering with play, nowhere near the ball when it's played, not making an attempt to go after the ball, and offside is given even if the player the ball is being passed to is clearly onside. It's ridiculous, annoying and frustrating.

No harder to code than much of the other code in the game, I wouldn't think. And yes, it's quite annoying; even FIFA have managed to eliminate this, mostly. :D

The referee's, linesman, players and commentators dont even know what the rule is half of the time because it changes that often:)

To be fair, I think the player offside needs a bit more programming as I always thought it was because they were going to go after the ball meaning it would trigger the off-side code, instead of doing what a real life player would do and leave it

Archived