Why do the attributes drop on created players randomly?

I'm running WSM 8.0.2 on a Mac, I have a couple of created players, on of them happens to be a striker. On every one but the striker, the ststs stay consistent if not going up one or two.

The problem is that about half-way through March of the first year, every major mental and technical attribute drops one point. As far as I can tell, this is just a randomized drop, I don't understand it.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to explain this to me....

Thanks, guys...

I'm running WSM 8.0.2 on a Mac, I have a couple of created players, on of them happens to be a striker. On every one but the striker, the ststs stay consistent if not going up one or two.

The problem is that about half-way through March of the first year, every major mental and technical attribute drops one point. As far as I can tell, this is just a randomized drop, I don't understand it.

I was wondering if anyone might be able to explain this to me....

Thanks, guys...

Hmmm, strange one that. If they are young (like 17) move them into your reserve team (from the youth team if they are looking good prospects) and train them with the first team, which will give them a bit more intense technical/tactical training.

Also, give them a few starts in the early rounds of the cup or bring them off the bench when you are winning a league game to get some experience and/or loan them out after Christmas to get 20 odd games of first-team experience at the highest level you can and at team's with decent training facilities if you can. Might help.

I'm currently playing a game with two created players - my son and a friend of his who played for me. I haven't seen their attributes diminish at all (just the opposite, actually). My game is in its second year, but I did not max out their CA and PA.

If you set the player to have his CA = PA then as a players CA always varies slightly over time, his stats will drop on occasion. Also if your training schedule is focussed on particular areas, some of his stats may drop due to the neglect. Usually this would see a stat increase elsewhere, but if he's too good already that won't be possible.

Akin to Alan Shearer in his prime. He had such a powerful strike of the ball it would be impossible to get him to kick it harder. If his training schedule just involved him trying to kick a ball really hard all day, his other abilities would get worse, but he'll never kick any harder.

Finally, if your striker has a fairly strong weaker foot. He might have changed to use both feet and therefore he will suffer a stat drop due to the changes made in 8.02.

If you change his CA from 200 to 185 then they will drop. I think it's just as negatrev posted earlier that players sometimes have drops in attributes as they level out at a given CA. In my experience strikers do seem more prone to this, but to have it happen to every single attribute is quite strange.

The thing of it is that this one point drop might not actually be a one point drop because attributes are stored and probably processed on a 1 to 100 scale but are displayed as 1 to 20 scale. So if a player is on the cusp a 1/100 scale drop might result in a displayed attribute dropping by 1 point due to the display switch.

For example on 1 to 100 80 to 84 might be displayed as 16, and 85 to 89 as 17. If a player drops from 85 to 84 then his displayed attribute will drop from 17 to 16 but the actual drop will only be 1/100 or from 17 to 16.8. (that's not the exact scale split but the principle applies).

Surely it doesn't really matter what CA you set him at, although admittedly at 220 the only way is down, even at 185 it could go either way.

I don't use scout or anything but I would have thought CA relies on form etc so if a guy with 185 CA has a 10 game run with only 6's he'll drop considerably and likewise if after that he produces 10 games worth of 9's he'll shoot back up.

Thanks, gents, I'll keep that in mind.

But the drop in attributes is no only constant, but it stays like that for the entirety of the game. So while he started at top, dropped one across the board during the season, it appears that this is the new top, he never reaches up as high as he started.

I understand the principle "isuckatfm" stated, and actually had thought of that...

I wonder if there is a FMM for 8.0.2 WSM boxed in English that I can use, and if you think that will help...

Thanks, guys...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ßömßärdîër:

But the drop in attributes is no only constant, but it stays like that for the entirety of the game. So while he started at top, dropped one across the board during the season, it appears that this is the new top, he never reaches up as high as he started.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I experienced this too. I started a new game with 8.0.2 and in 2011, Wayne Rooney's stats drop between March/April. Stats like decision, determination, positioning, teamwork and some others.

I just would like to know what's the cause for this drop in stats since he is mature enough for the stats to be stable, not overworked since his condition is always above 95% and is happy with his training schedule. If possible I would like to prevent future stat drop for all my players... so an answer please! ^^

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ßömßärdîër:

Coldcell - that is almost exactly what happened with me, and the same is true with me about the training and workload, et cetera.

Nomis07 - This is not true in my case as he has the highest overall avg. in form. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bombardier, yes but the difference in yours is that the player had a CA and PA of 200, which to be honest is totally unrealistic and would create an image of a super human player in my kind. As someone said earlier the only way is down when you have 200 out of 200.

I think so yeah, and it will be more realistic.

The only time I ever created my own team or player was on CM01/02, I made all my players with a CA 200 and a PA 200, yet when I started the game they only had a score of 16 in each category. This increased as they progressed but at no point did they ever have 20 in every stat, that would just be absolutely ridiculous.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

The only time I ever created my own team or player was on CM01/02, I made all my players with a CA 200 and a PA 200, yet when I started the game they only had a score of 16 in each category. This increased as they progressed but at no point did they ever have 20 in every stat, that would just be absolutely ridiculous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is actually because to have 20 in every category, the CA and PA needs to be WAY beyond 200. If you set every attribute to max with 200/200 CA/PA, your player's attributes will go to 16 because that is the max total stats value for 200 CA.

@ Bombardier

If you want to post the attribute values you assigned to the striker (including weaker foot and positional ratings) exactly as you put them in the Editor, when I get the chance I'll create an identical player and have a look at his attributes in FM Modifier.

It might give a bit of insight into why his attributes dropped.

Did you assign the striker a 1 value for his other positional ratings or did you leave it as 0, and if you left it at 0 did the game automatically assign him a rating in another position?

Also you might be interested to know that on 8.0.2 certain positions carry free attributes within a positional rating range. For example if you have a natural striker only player you can give him 20 in marking, tackling, bravery and team work without needing to increase CA to reflect this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by isuckatfm:

@ Bombardier

Also you might be interested to know that on 8.0.2 certain positions carry free attributes within a positional rating range. For example if you have a natural striker only player you can give him 20 in marking, tackling, bravery and team work without needing to increase CA to reflect this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you elaborate more on this? Or give the specifics... like as AMF, what attributes are "free" and other positions ^^

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> originally posted by coldcell:-

Can you elaborate more on this? Or give the specifics... like as AMF, what attributes are "free" and other positions ^^

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The following is for natural only in the position and no other ratings. Off the top of my head I can't remember what the figure is at which the free attributes no longer remain free, but I think it was 13 but you can test it out yourself using the editor.

All of this came from this thread

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/5822069083

Natural CB =>

Crossing, dribbling, long shots, technique, creativity, off the ball, team work

Natural FB R or L=>

Dribbling, finishing, long shots, off the ball

Natural DM C or Natural M C=>

Crossing, heading, marking, flair, bravery, jumping

Natural WB R or L =>

Finishing, long shots

Natural M R or L =>

heading, marking, positioning, flair

Natural AMC =>

Crossing, heading, marking, flair, bravery, jumping

Natural AM R or L =>

Heading, marking, positioning, bravery, jumping

Natural ST =>

Marking, tackling, bravery, team work

There might be some missing or some mixed up. The full list is on one of the first few pages of the thread I linked to.

Archived