Im fed up of teams making the same bids for my players

Right I am Liverpool, I offer Babel to clubs for £4.5M. 4 clubs bid £0 up front and £4M over 48 months. 7 clubs make a loan bid of £1.1M & future fee of £3.8M. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME AND I AM GETTING SERIOUSLY FED UP OF IT. It seems like all the 11 managers get together and discuss the bid. Sorry this just DOESNT happen IRL. Who else gets annoyed with this

I think the whole transfer rumours and the way clubs bid for players could use a bit of work.

It does seem odd to get anywhere from 6-20 identical bids for a player when the bids aren't what you offered him out for in the first place. Obvioulsy the game itself will attach a value to a player and this will affect the AI's signing decisions (nobody will pay £20m for an average Championship player, for example) but it does seem that sometimes there's not enough variation in how the AI handles buying players. It's extremely rare to see clubs actively trying to outbid one another or to see a club desperate to land a certain player and bid more than you expect for him. Maybe a little more variation in offers would go a long way to adding some realism here?

Also, stop the constant crappy offers coming in. A bit more responsiveness from the AI is all that's needed here. If I tell them there's no way I'm selling somebody for less than £5m I don't expect to be fielding offers of £1-2m for him. An option to demand money up front would be good, as would a little more info about the transfer bid on the news screen. At the moment a deal with nothing up front and £5m over 48 months looks the same on the news screen as one with all the money up front.

I'd also like more feedback from my own players when there are rumours about them. At the moment you sometimes get told a player is unsettled or that he has no intention of leaving but that's about it. Why not a little more info when I release statements saying a player isn't for sale? Maybe even the option to say one thing in public but another to the player. So I can appease the fans and other players by ruling out selling my star player in public but, in order to not annoy the star player I could tell him in private that he may be sold if a certain offer comes in.

The whole thing suffers from the lack of team reputations.

No matter how good you do as a team, your reputation remains almost the same, so the A.I. not only unsettles your players that are happy, but also make very small bids which you can't really counter.

You can, of course, refuse, but then your star player will get unsettled because although he is at Ajax, winning titles and reaching semi finals of CL, for some reason "a move to Genoa would be too good to turn down."

One of the major problems in the game that hasn't been adressed for years.

Right I am Liverpool, I offer Babel to clubs for £4.5M. 4 clubs bid £0 up front and £4M over 48 months. 7 clubs make a loan bid of £1.1M & future fee of £3.8M. THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME AND I AM GETTING SERIOUSLY FED UP OF IT. It seems like all the 11 managers get together and discuss the bid. Sorry this just DOESNT happen IRL. Who else gets annoyed with this

It does get on my nerves, but clearly not as much as it seems to annoy you!

It can get worse...

Like a team offering good money of a loan/transfer and then the deal gets cancelled because the club doesn't have the money...

P.S. @TSH... the official word is "Genoa play in Serie A, Ajax don't, so it doesn't matter how well you do in European Cups, a big league will be a better career choice, even at a mid-table level".

I've kinda lost any hope that'll be fixed...

In my game i had a player on my shortlist, in case i'd ever get the money to buy him.

Thing is, another team threw in a bid for him, but the player rejected the move.

Apparently the buying club don't seem to get the point of rejection. They've been bidding for him for the last 2 seasons now, almost every week.........with the same outcome. The player rejects the contract offer.

I just don't get why they keep bidding. It's good for me, because then i stand a chance if getting him myself, if he'd accept my contract offer and if, of course, i get the money.

I'd like to think that that part of the transfer section could do with a bit more work.

It's getting very annoying seeing the same bid and the same outcome, week after week.

I think the whole transfer rumours and the way clubs bid for players could use a bit of work.

It does seem odd to get anywhere from 6-20 identical bids for a player when the bids aren't what you offered him out for in the first place. Obvioulsy the game itself will attach a value to a player and this will affect the AI's signing decisions (nobody will pay £20m for an average Championship player, for example) but it does seem that sometimes there's not enough variation in how the AI handles buying players. It's extremely rare to see clubs actively trying to outbid one another or to see a club desperate to land a certain player and bid more than you expect for him. Maybe a little more variation in offers would go a long way to adding some realism here?

Also, stop the constant crappy offers coming in. A bit more responsiveness from the AI is all that's needed here. If I tell them there's no way I'm selling somebody for less than £5m I don't expect to be fielding offers of £1-2m for him. An option to demand money up front would be good, as would a little more info about the transfer bid on the news screen. At the moment a deal with nothing up front and £5m over 48 months looks the same on the news screen as one with all the money up front.

I'd also like more feedback from my own players when there are rumours about them. At the moment you sometimes get told a player is unsettled or that he has no intention of leaving but that's about it. Why not a little more info when I release statements saying a player isn't for sale? Maybe even the option to say one thing in public but another to the player. So I can appease the fans and other players by ruling out selling my star player in public but, in order to not annoy the star player I could tell him in private that he may be sold if a certain offer comes in.

Great post, sums up my thinking exactly. I love the idea in the last paragraph.

The whole thing suffers from the lack of team reputations.

No matter how good you do as a team, your reputation remains almost the same, so the A.I. not only unsettles your players that are happy, but also make very small bids which you can't really counter.

You can, of course, refuse, but then your star player will get unsettled because although he is at Ajax, winning titles and reaching semi finals of CL, for some reason "a move to Genoa would be too good to turn down."

One of the major problems in the game that hasn't been adressed for years.

as i manage ajax i know what you mean. i have just won the champions league in 2014 and also won the europa cup in 2012. my brazilian defender joined me at the start of the game and was a key player in the rise of the club, then he gets upset and asks to leave because i reject a 5m (his value) bid from ATALANTA!!!!!! in the end i got 10m for him but give me a effing break

as i manage ajax i know what you mean. i have just won the champions league in 2014 and also won the europa cup in 2012. my brazilian defender joined me at the start of the game and was a key player in the rise of the club, then he gets upset and asks to leave because i reject a 5m (his value) bid from ATALANTA!!!!!! in the end i got 10m for him but give me a effing break

You're not alone. A week after winning the CL as Ajax, my star GK, a 23 y.o. Brazillain regen, stated that he wanted to leave the club. His reason? He didn't think he'd win any trophies here....

That's certainly a flaw (the issue in the OP) but in all seriousness, it's not the kind of flaw which would have any influence at all on my blood pressure.

I think you should calm down a bit. :)

Also let's not forget that it has a positive effect on gameplay. It makes dealing with offers and screening through them easier.

What bugs me much more it that AI clubs when bidding for players from other AI clubs will always make the 'right' offer for a player as if they new the magic figure which will be accepted which then feels a bit like an AI conspiracy. But even that is just cosmetic as seeing their first lower bids rejected wouldn't seriously add something useful to the game.

Archived