Is it possible to emulate the success of the premiership abroad? Without cheating?

I am Wondering, i have took over a team in Belgium, which, as i do with all my teams i am looking to dominate! but can i sufficiently raise the profile of the pro league and the alure to the same heights as La Liga or the Premiership? can i raise the whole footballing profile of a nation off the back of my 1 teams prospective domination? maybe to a point where it would attract the same calibre of players,advertisement, and maybe even revenue of the more established leagues?

Just a thought. I'm also hoping to take over the belgium national team should the oppertunity arise and help them become a force, especially with the added help of playerrs being able to gain citizenship after just 3 seasons means i could tempt a fair few talented south americans into my national team i reckon

Opinions!

Dynamic reputation has been requested for a long time. Too bad I can't see that happening any time soon. You may want to search for 'dynamic reputation' threads for a good read.

Regarding the Belgium national team, foreign players may gain belgian (EU) nationality in 3 years but FIFA rules states that players need a minimum of 5 years residency in any country before they can play for their adopted country. And those players may consistently resist your call-up as they prefer to represent their home country. So it's not as easy as you think.

That would be a very long-run project, but I guess it is doable.

1. Get a team in Belgian First Division

2. Make them rich and world class

3. Apply for another Belgian First Division team

4. Repeat

I guess when you achieved step 2 and leave the club, the game has good enough AI to take it from there and continue.

Damn that has just Ruined my whole motive to play my Belgium game :( I was quite confident of having the players accept my call up as the plan was that they spent their time in the country at my club so i was hoping they may act favourably towards playing for my county aswell, never mind it has just ruined whole ambition for my new save. I am guessing they cant play for the youth side either before completing the whole 5 years?

as for dynamic reputation, i think it is a good idea, as each league changes quite regularly, i mean just a few years ago Serie A was actually watchable lol, it would be a more realistic depiction of world football and i think it would give us an extra objectibe in the game if it was possible to raise the reputation of a league! infact i could see myself wasting a few weeks of my life attempting it!

4. Repeat

I guess when you achieved step 2 and leave the club, the game has good enough AI to take it from there and continue.

hat was kind of the plan, maybe with just the top few teams and then filter whatever talent i had throughout the league also and bringing more talent into the league from overseas, i thought it would have been a pretty decent project/save and different too

Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote

4. Repeat

Won't work as club reputation is limited by league reputation. Belgian clubs will never become world-class.

Won't work as club reputation is limited by league reputation. Belgian clubs will never become world-class.

So if i was to win my league, win the champions league, then the super cup,world club championship maybe even repeatedly i would not be considered world class? that is rediculous, I think thats a but unrealistic by FM?

So what level are they restricted to? continental?

So if i was to win my league, win the champions league, then the super cup,world club championship maybe even repeatedly i would not be considered world class? that is rediculous, I think thats a but unrealistic by FM?

So what level are they restricted to? continental?

Yep. Been there, done that. The saddest thing is seeing your club reputation drop after the increase you've got with winning the CL.

The only way you can do that is to increase your league reputation via an editor.

TO be honest using an editor takes the fun out of the game for me and i lose interest in it, and i dont know what i am doing with one anyway i would most probably corrupt my game with it lol

I dont know what scenario i should look for now, need a new idea i think

You can always replace one of the lower league club in the major leagues with your own created team e.g. Belgian club in Blue Square Premier of the English leagues. The challenge will be to bring your club all the way up into Premiership and European glory. Being a Belgian club also means your regens will be Belgian. You can then spot the occasional gem that you can cap for Belgium.

Doing so right now and I'm into my 6th season and not stopping.

You can do it via the editor. Make sure you have a stadium in Belgium or whichever country you prefer. Celtic and Rangers will lose their reputation according to the league they are in so I don't really see the point.

So basically create a club in the editor. I'll take Belgium club in the English league as an example.

1. Create a club with nation stated as 'England' so that you can put it into the English leagues.

2. Stadium should be one in Belgium if you want your regens to be Belgian.

3. Replace one of the lower league clubs with your club.

Archived