Bizarre Transfer situation - if you've ever wondered why you can't sign that star

Thought I'd give FM10 one last whizz - I picked a team knowing which players to go for to fit the budget - but thought I would try to wangle the best prices I could get.

However - I encountered a bizarre situation. I started an old save game from the beginning of the transfer window to play through naturally, but couldn't manage to sign one of the players I had done before.

So I reloaded and saved it just before his bid - and no matter what I offered I couldn't get him..... unless I went on holiday!

So the situation is: I have a save point in my game on the 14th July, where I have already bid for a player and offered him a contract.

He makes his decision on 16th July. If I load the game and click continue he will sign for another club. However, if I load the game and go on holiday for 2 days he will sign for me.

I have tested this umpteen times now!

What would you do?

And why does it happen? :S

It could have something to do with your reputation as a manager, what's your Ass Man's rep?

I wondered this - his rep is National - but nothing occurs in the game that requires him or me to make an input - it literally is click continue to advance two days or go on holiday for two days.

Maybe when you were at the club he couldn't put pen to paper due to your ugly face.

And I wondered this too - seems to be the only logical conclusion :'(

I wondered this - his rep is National - but nothing occurs in the game that requires him or me to make an input - it literally is click continue to advance two days or go on holiday for two days.

And I wondered this too - seems to be the only logical conclusion :'(

It happened to me before too =(

Maybe he likes the laid back nature of your management style and thinks he will get to take loads of random holidays too?

But seriously, i think ive had several isntances of players not signing even when ive been on holiday... however ill test it out shortly as ive just hit a new window and been given some cash to play with.

Archived