Record number of goals conceded?

I can't find it now, but someone had a long term game posted. (about 2050/60ish), showing the league results over the past 50 odd years. They showed how Man Utd had dropped divisions, and in one year (about 2034/35) Man Utd playing in either League 1 or 2 conceded 200+ goals in the season, whilst scoring only around 30. From memory (which is awful) I think it was like 230 goals.

He did explain that Man Utd were on the downward path and the AI sold thier keepers leaving them with only a "grey" keeper for most of the season. But even so, I was totally surprised. Yet smiling smugly when I read it....;-)

Try and do a search for it. It was not that long ago. Perhaps a month or so?

What happened to your team that year?

It was our 4th season in the Premier League, and after finishing 16th and 11th we punched above our weight with a 3rd place finish. 7th place that year was actually a decent finish for us. We also managed to win our first trophy with the FA Cup :cool:

Here it is if you are interested.

It was our 4th season in the Premier League, and after finishing 16th and 11th we punched above our weight with a 3rd place finish. 7th place that year was actually a decent finish for us. We also managed to win our first trophy with the FA Cup :cool:

ahh i see. Thought it was the 2066 season!

Archived