Cash for Czechs

Just thought I'd say how much I appreciate the Czech league. As a player who rarely starts with a Premier League team, I need somewhere to get high quality foreign players who are:

1. cheap

2. technically very good

3. don't require a WP

4. Will come to the likes of Forest

The Czech league has loads of young players who fit the bill. Below are some of my favourite:

Martin Zeman (AMC)

Lubos Kalouda (AMR)

Marek Suchy (DC)

Jan Polak (DC)

Tomas Frejlach (AMR)

Marek Strestik (FC)

Michal Kadlec (DL)

Has anyone else got a favourite league to plunder?

Just thought I'd say how much I appreciate the Czech league. As a player who rarely starts with a Premier League team, I need somewhere to get high quality foreign players who are:

1. cheap

2. technically very good

3. don't require a WP

4. Will come to the likes of Forest

The Czech league has loads of young players who fit the bill. Below are some of my favourite:

Martin Zeman (AMC)

Lubos Kalouda (AMR)

Marek Suchy (DC)

Jan Polak (DC)

Tomas Frejlach (AMR)

Marek Strestik (FC)

Michal Kadlec (DL)

Has anyone else got a favourite league to plunder?

The Romanian league. Pretty similar to the Czech league really. Although the prices are rising.

Gabriel Torje was able to be snapped up for around £150,000 in 8.0.0 but in 8.0.2 he's priced at something like £1,500,000.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alwo:

The Romanian league. Pretty similar to the Czech league really. Although the prices are rising.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same as that. I used to hit the Scandinavian leagues in previous versions, but the Romanian players seem to be cheap and will travel to lower league clubs.

This is good.

I always tend to include all players from Scandinavian nations and Hungary and one or two other Eastern European nations, mostly ones that are my favourites rather than because I know they have good players - it is almost entirely the regens that I sign from there anyway.

I think they have been toned down a bit for FM08, but I was getting superb regens cheaply from those nations I included (not active leagues, but all players from that nation retained) in FM07 whereas from my active leagues I was just getting dross - totally the opposite of some previous versions.

My FM07 Derby County team that won various trophies was built almost entirely on plundering Scandinavia and Hungary - some world class Finns in my line-up and others plus massive sell-on money for those that I didn't use in my first team from which I bought some more established world class players.

yeah, there seems to be a bit of a snobbery by Scandinavian players towards the Championship and Div 1. I tried to sign Ken fagerberg (great name) from FC Midywhatever and he turned his nose up at me. well he can rot there as far as I'm concerned. I bought Marek Strestik instead and he's leading the scoring charts, so there!

i love the middle eastern countries if i'm playing in my aussie db (based in belgium).

i try to grab a couple of qatari's who are playing for their nation for cheap in the lower leagues of england. had a basingstoke team with (to memory, it's been a while) about 4 qatari's in the starting XI, worked a treat too, just couldn't get into the EPL, damn Charlton stopped me 3 times!

Archived