Tired Players

Had a quick search but couldn't find anything relevant - Apologies if i missed an existing thread.

Generally on previous FM games my players fitness generally hasn't been an issue (except for old players, really young players, coming back from injury etc...) On FM10 i seem to struggle keeping my players in a good condition without resting players for 2 days after every game. If i don't rest them in between games they generally have a condition level of around 85-90%. Even when i do rest my players they cannot last more than 60 minutes without dropping below 70%.

Any tips?

p.s. Sorry if it doesn't make complete sense - i've had a long day :p

Based on comments I've read elsewhere, FM10 seems a bit tougher on fitness. If so, player rotation becomes more important. Review your training schedules and perhaps ease them up a notch. Check your players' stamina stats; you might need tougher squirrels on the treadmill; meanwhile, you can train for stamina. Also, review your tactics -- run and gun attacks and aggressive play eat fitness for breakfast.

Closing down uses a lot of fitness as well. I use wingers and have this problem quite often. I make sure I have 5 star fitness coaches and do quite a bit of fitness training which helps me out. Having two good wingers on either side is the solution.

Depends on the Training, players and tactics tbh. I expect to take my wingers off each game if I want them to start the next due the demands I make on them. The rest of the team are fine 90% of the time to play a full game and regain fitness for the next game.

lacking match practice means they are not getting enough time on the pitch. Rotate them more and keep them fresh.

Yeah i do, just annoying that i need to waste a sub so early in the game but i see no other viable solution really. I tried to put them as available for reserve squard until match fit but those games just seemed to tire the players even more.

Making a senior player available for reserves works for me. If the have gone a while in the senior squad without playing a game, I include them in a reserve squad, but only occasionally, and when there's not a senior game for another 4-5 days

Archived