Ben Amos the new Paul Robinson

5thk.jpg

6thu.jpg

Sorry if the screenshots are not the best but I just had to try and show this goal by the AI GK for Aston Villa against my Crewe side. To make matter worse it was the penultimate game of the season I needed one win from the last three games to bag the league title, I have just lost the last game 4-1 to Liverpool. I got the 1-1 and then this happened, I was beginning to think that everything was against me. Luckily I went on to win the last game and clinch the title by three points, if I hadn't of then I would have been extremely annoyed lol.

It looks very similar to the goal that Paul Robinson scored from a freekick in roughly the same area the ball bounces over my GK similarly to how it bounced over Ben Foster in real life.

Anyone else seen this sort of thing before?

When you said the new paul robinson I thought you were gonna say he mis-kicked the ball and then it rolled into the goal :rolleyes:

Nice goal btw......never had a keeper score before.

When you said the new paul robinson I thought you were gonna say he mis-kicked the ball and then it rolled into the goal :rolleyes:

Haha me too :D

If Amos gets a game for United this year, I hope he does this :thup:

Me too...

And having seen him playing for Molde, it would have been quite realistic ;)

I've seen 4 keepers score against me in my long term Boston save. 3 in lower leagues from the keeper taking a freekick in there own half. One in a playoff game where the keeper scored a diving header in inj time to pull it level. He then went and saved 3 pens in the shoot out. Gutted.

Never had my keeper score yet or even come close when I needed a lucky goal.

I had Carlo Nash score for my Everton Reserve team once. I was only watching the game as I had a first team player on the comeback from injury in the Reserves that week.

I've seen 4 keepers score against me in my long term Boston save. 3 in lower leagues from the keeper taking a freekick in there own half. One in a playoff game where the keeper scored a diving header in inj time to pull it level. He then went and saved 3 pens in the shoot out. Gutted.

Never had my keeper score yet or even come close when I needed a lucky goal.

Surely he got man of the match?

I knew there would be some Robinson jokes as soon I posted the thread lol.

I was thinking of the miss-kick as well !!

Archived