A 4 sec goal?!

I am managing the Denmark national team and in the WCQ match between Denmark and FYR Mac, FYR scored a goal on me in 4 sec of the game. They started the game with possession, tapped the ball to their striker who turned and fired a shot at my goal that bounced off my keepers head and into the net.

I have never seen this type of shot attempted ever IRL or in FM. Has anyone else seen such a stupid goal? My keepers morale hit rock bottom right then, still managed to win the game but I cannot believe this is something that has ever happened, especially at the international level.

Wow! Can say no more...never seen anything like it ha

I can't imagine a team being willing to give up their possession like that on a shot that is a 1 in a million chance of scoring IMO.

I don't think it's wildly unrealistic. It's something you see in all sports (on very rare occasions, of course). At the instant a game starts, every single player on a team's defense is not necessarily "set"; every player may not be completely "in the game". Once in a while, their opponents will sense this and try to sneak in a cheap one. I used to play some serious volleyball and I had a couple of tricks I'd sometimes try to slip in on the very first point, before the other guys were fully awake. I'm glad to see FM model this, whether it's by design or only an accident.

Well, obviously y'all don't watch much YouTube soccer. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4cxqLgOtrA two seconds :eek:

four seconds

7 seconds

If you see the keeper not paying attention, why not take a shot at it? Possession at the start of the game is so essentially meaningless that no one cares who gets to kick off to start a game.

The first clip is basically what happened to me. Although my keeper did get his head on the ball I suppose that could have been more accident than design. But I have to disagree that possession is meaningless at the start of the half. I mean look they are a goal up and only the one guy even touched the ball.

The first clip is basically what happened to me. Although my keeper did get his head on the ball I suppose that could have been more accident than design. But I have to disagree that possession is meaningless at the start of the half. I mean look they are a goal up and only the one guy even touched the ball.

By luck only, and as a result totally of keeper inattention. The point is, controlling the ball from the start of the game, rather than giving up possession to the other team either by the keeper catching the ball or the ball going out for a goal kick, isn't that important that you wouldn't try it, as one of the prior posters claimed. :)

No matter what time in the game it is IRL balls bounce of keepers more often than not (Mr Green do you read this) and keepers can get caught out from the half way line because they are not paying attention (Mr Seaman I hope your listening).

When I was in primary school I remember in one game the opposition scored after 0 seconds due to a misunderstanding of the rules. They shot straight from the kick off after the whistle (no pass just shot like a free-kick) and the ref gave the goal lol

When I was in primary school I remember in one game the opposition scored after 0 seconds due to a misunderstanding of the rules. They shot straight from the kick off after the whistle (no pass just shot like a free-kick) and the ref gave the goal lol

Kick off is basically a direct free kick that has to go forwards and both teams have to be in their own halves. So it was a perfectly legitimate goal.

Kick off is basically a direct free kick that has to go forwards and both teams have to be in their own halves. So it was a perfectly legitimate goal.

This.

There's no law preventing a player from shooting directly from a kick-off.

Indeed, as the Law book puts it in Law VIII:

Kick-off

A kick-off is a way of starting or restarting play:

• at the start of the match

• after a goal has been scored

• at the start of the second half of the match

• at the start of each period of extra time, where applicable

A goal may be scored directly from the kick-off.

This is no where close to seconds but yesterday my team scored 2 goals in 7 mins and that was my team's first 2 shot on goal. On the 10 min and 3 shot on goal, almost scored a 3rd (which i thought it went in). Won the game 2-1 if im not mistaken.

Archived