Why dont my players like their own team?

just done a quick check over my 22 man squad and only 3 list histon in their favoured clubs (after winning the epl 12 times in succession)

now this wouldnt really matter but it means that they dont want to stay long after winning a few trophies. when ive managed other teams players like their team and generally stay for longer before getting bored and wanting a new challenge

now my squad is made up of players which were brought in at a young age and have grown together at the club and the oldest is nearing 27 but hardly any of them like the club that theyve been a part of for most of their career.

also, some of these players went out on loan to clubs where they played about 10 games and have returned to play in my first team and their loan club is in their favoured.

is this a bug and is their any solution to it?

Very romantic idea, but these guys are professionals who should not hesitate to go elsewhere if they get more money. They may have been bought early and have enjoyed lots of success with your club, but likely they were not the guys who have been in the stands cheering as kids.

I can agree with much of your post but I think after a gerneration of success (around 10 seasons) with a club I'm fairly sure more players would fall in love with the club.

I can agree with much of your post but I think after a gerneration of success (around 10 seasons) with a club I'm fairly sure more players would fall in love with the club.

I agree with you on this, you have to remember fm is very much a work in progress and there are many many things that are not quite right about it. It is still a fantastic game and one day they will perfect the game. If they released the perfect game say fm11 then there would be no reason to make a fm 12,13,14 other than for transfers and rule changes

What are your players' personalities like? I'm 10 years into a career at Werder Bremen, and there are loads of players who love the club, but some just don't have the perosnalities for it. If they get love from the fans ("fans' player of the year" or club favoured personnel) then most players show a reciprocal love for the club, but some are just mercenaries.

The love of loan clubs is just to reflect the fact that if you were later to sell that player, or just send him on loan again, he'd probably rather accept a contract from a club where he's had a successful spell on loan rather than any old club.

They should really set the level of favour for loan clubs to 49, rather than 50, so that it doesn't show up in the "favoured club" list, but still has the same effect.

If you use FMRTE to look at your players' relationships screen, you'll see that relationships go from -100 to 100, and only those over +50 get shown. Your players might have an affection for the club that's just not a full-blown love affair.

In the lower leagues when getting players in on loan they would very often make me a favoured personnel and a favoured club. Made it a lot easier when trying to sign them on permanent deals. Maybe it does lie in the personalities and how certain players view their job. Just because they are at a successful club doesn't mean that they like it, some might just be there for financial reasons.

Archived