High RAM Usage (FM2010 memory error)

Hello.

My version of FM2010 keeps on crashing to the desktop with memory errors (games tries to allocate memory but none is there) - it has been happening for over 2 months now.

I have 4Gb of RAM so I was wondering how this was so the next time it happened to me, I brought up the Task Manager and found that FM2010 was using over 2Gb of RAM!

There is definately a memory leak somewhere so does anyone know how to fix it?

I have the latest patch (I'm on Steam), I've deleted the cache and everything on my PC is up to date (graphic card driver, java etc.)

Thanks.

Hi,

Try doing a search on google for "Memory Booster" and download it.

This is a free application, that if you use before starting FM will free all available memory from other resident programs.

There is also an option to defrag individual games (like FM). I use this and have found my game to run faster with it, so hopefully it could help you as well.

Hello.

I'm running on Windows 7, in 2012, have patch 10.3.0, have England loaded (large database, League 2 and above) and have a page file 1.5 times my RAM (6GB).

So theoretically (as Windows takes 1.5GB of RAM to begin with) FM 2010 is using 8.5GB!!!

I tried the game booster but even with everything selected it only allocate an extra 150MB of RAM - which isn't enough!

try using the game defrag on steam

Did that - did nowt to the RAM usage.

I've noticed that as time goes on, it uses more RAM - I have it running now in the background (windowed) and have done nothing for about 30 min and it is using up 2GB of RAM according to Task Manager.

Why isn't it unloading RAM?

Try using GameBoost or Gamebooster (IObit Free) it unloads and stops a lot of processes (thus saves memory) that help your games run better.

If you're feeling up to the risk, try disabling "Superfetch" on W7 or Wv platform's. Your startup MAY be a bit slower, but W7 or Wv will not cache a lot of memory that way you will have more system resources available to you.

I HIGHLY reccomend Gamebooster as you'd have to be more of an advanced user for the superfetch idea.

Increase your page file to maximum. You did not list much info. How many background programs are you running. memory boosters are fine, but they operate on what is avaliable, not what could be. Also look at the size of the swap file on your Hard disk. Increase to maximum if possible. If you have a slow drive, this is essential.

I tried Gamebooster and all it did was free up an extra 150MB of RAM - nothing really.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?

Do you have a memory stick? If so put it in your computer and when it asks you what you want to do on your memory stick click "enable ready boost". Then when ready boost comes up tick the box "enable readyboost", slide the slider as far right as it can go then click ok.

Basically what ready boost does is use some of the memory of your memory stick as RAM for your computer. So if you say ready boost can use 7gb of your memory stick space then you will have 7gb more RAM.

Do you have "Enable Data Collection" enabled in preferences? Back with one of the earlier patches when these memory issues were causing a big stir, someone suggested unticking that option. I tried it myself, and it's worked really well - eliminating all crashing for me.

Maybe you could give that a shot?

• 11 months later...

Archived