Does anyone play the FMH on PSP with the TV link up?

• Administrators

Got me thinking this - and I'm sure the answer is no unless you've jailbroken the iDevice, but this wouldn't work with the iDevice and the cable would it MV?

• Administrators

From what I remember, the TV out doesn't show the whole device on the TV (as in, monitor mirroring), but takes the Quicktime/iPod video out.

Then again, the last time I tried was with 3.x - might be different with 4.x, I'll give it a try over the weekend and update here whether it works (or not).

I'm pretty sure it works for jailbroken iDevices - but again, its been some time since I jb'ed; and not something I want to risk with my iPhone 4 at the moment(!)

• Administrators

Just tested this with the iPhone AV Component cable; I have it plugged into an AV slot on my TV.

Sound plays with any app that takes over the primary iPod control system (ie. Spotify, Pandora, Last.fm etc will output through your TV's sound system).

Video/imagery only plays (shows) on the TV screen if it is compatible video format (Quicktime/.m4v).

Thus displaying apps on a TV screen or something similar is not possible (not jailbroken, of course - apparently possible this way, at a user's own risk).

Sadly, it's not something that could ever be supported by FM without it being enabled by Apple in the first place, due to the agreement between Developers and Apple for the App Store

But then on the bright side, thats another reason to use the PSP-FMH, rather than iFMH.

:)

Cheers for replies so far. Have just ordered the PSP/TV link cables, so will let you all know what the results are like. Am hoping that it'll re-create a bit of the atmosphere you get thru the PC versions (But without the over-complicated gameplay!!)

Archived