Experience or youth? What to do

I'm faced with somewhat of a dilemma in my midfield! I play with a DM and 2 CM's But i have too many players for these roles, the problem is i have some megastars of experience and ability taking up these places but i have a couple of wonderkids coming through who i dont want to sell but i dont feel they will develop if i leave them languishing in the reserves / or loan them out.

These are the players i have for DM/CM

Yoann Gourcuff

Cesc Fabregas

Darren Fletcher

Rodwell -Although i use him mostly in DC but i sometimes use him as a DM rarely!

Hargreaves *32YO

And my 2 youngsters:

Adlan Kahraman

Martin Rice *wonderkid*

What should i do and who should i get rid of?

I would start to rotate Hargreaves with Adlan Kahraman for the season then if Rice develops have him takeover for most games the next season. I would play Martin Rice in the cup games and against weaker opposition. I would also tutor them both to up their determination a bit.

I'm Currently Rotating, However i tried to sell fletcher, MAnchester United came in with a bid tryin to buy him back from me and he had no interest in joining them, same applied when city put in a bid, so doesnt look like im going to be able to get rid of them, do you think this is in any way own to the success i have enjoyed with them?

I would use the younger players. I have with a few of my younger players and they have within a short space of time become great players. I put both of my centre backs in the team at 17, the second one was put into the team when the other was about 21 though and by that time he was experienced enough to take a risk on the other one and they both are now two of the best centre backs in the world. My left back is from my youth academy and is 18 and has been in my team for the past year and has played reasonably well.

You should put some of the players in the team from an early age but you need to have experienced players around them though.

Archived