Saving Between Games

Feature request here, I guess.

When more than one game is queued up, please allow us to (or even for the game to automatically) save after each game.

I play games running multiple managers, sometimes I will have played three games, then the program will freeze, and when I reboot, I have to restart from the top of the day's slate. Maddening. I'm fine with not being able to save mid-game, but after it's done ...

Feature request here, I guess.

When more than one game is queued up, please allow us to (or even for the game to automatically) save after each game.

I play games running multiple managers, sometimes I will have played three games, then the program will freeze, and when I reboot, I have to restart from the top of the day's slate. Maddening. I'm fine with not being able to save mid-game, but after it's done ...

Well what if it were to freeze while it was saving between games? Then you would lose your save.

And how many managers are you playing as?

Well what if it were to freeze while it was saving between games? Then you would lose your save.

And how many managers are you playing as?

Isn't that true for any save? I mean, isn't that what the rolling backups are for in general.

Five. And I observe some other games.

I wouldn't mind seeing this implemented myself, especially as hot-seat games do take place on my machine with up to 3 different players, and it's common place for us to all be playing at the same time on the same match day. As long as it can be added easily enough - thumbs up here. :thup:

If its freezing after a couple of games that suggests to me that the problem lies with your computer. How many leagues are you running and how much ram do you have and how fast is your processor.

I sometimes play with multiple managers like yourself and have never had any problems. I have a core2duo 2.33ghz and 4gb ram (with 3.3 available to me) running a total of 25 leagues on a large db. I also have the game set to save at the end of every day.

It doesn't do it all the time, perhaps once every ... I dunno ... 2 to 3 months of game time? I also save at the end of each day. Specs are similar to yours--same RAM, a little less CPU. But I'm not making a point about the crash--no problem with that, games crash sometimes. It's about specifically how to lessen the impact of the crash, regardless of the source.

It just makes sense, though--save the results of games once they're played in case something goes wrong.

Installing game booster might help or at least wont do any harm as would a virus and spyware scan. I'd also suggest opening up your computer to see how clean the fans are and if they are really heavy with dust give them a good clean.

Really, all I'm talking about is a checkbox where the auto-save interval is set: |X| Save after each completed game.

Then it would save each day (or three days, or whatever) as well as after any played game is complete. If you don't want it, of course, just leave the box unchecked.

@trekman, thanks for the advice on gamebooster, useful that. Again, though, I wasn't trying to track down the crash as much as suggest the save feature.

Archived