7 Star coaching

This is for 9.3.0 but I'm pretty certain it hasn't changed.

You may be better of looking for one of the coach calculators, they allow you to put in the attributes of a coach and they tell you how many stars they will have.

Ah I see on this FM it's dropped down to 5star. On the old FM it helped your players develop, is that not the case anymore?

It never helped players develop.

Unless you have imported or created your own training schedules it makes no difference at all as long as the coach workload is light.

What is does is speed up the rate of re-assignment of CA if you use different schedules.

Unless you have imported or created your own training schedules it makes no difference at all as long as the coach workload is light.

What is does is speed up the rate of re-assignment of CA if you use different schedules.

I didnt know that, so what increases the ca - just 1st team experience and natural progression of the player based on his age.

I didnt know that, so what increases the ca - just 1st team experience and natural progression of the player based on his age.

Playing football at an appropriate level (generally one where the player is getting ratings of, say 6.8-7.3) is what drives CA increases. The rate is modified by other factors like some of the mental/hidden stats.

Do you mean a 3* coach won't be much worse than a 5* coach anyway?

Do you mean a 3* coach won't be much worse than a 5* coach anyway?

Thats my understanding if you stick with balanced training schedules.

If you use individual schedules they have more influence but the effect is still fairly minor when compared to first team experience.

Personally I don't worry about them too much as long as the workload is light. That said I do make an effort to make best use of what I have and improve it where I can. Typically at a top club this means around 4* in each each category while at a smaller club you should be able to get 2-3* fairly easily.

Archived