The most difficult league?

Which country would you say is the most difficult to win first season with a big club. At the moment i am playing as marseille and it is the league i have never managed to win other than with Lyon on a really old version. I always end up struggling to score against the smaller teams meaning i draw a lot and end up lower than expected :(

Guessing the Italian league with a small club would be a challenge.

I dunno - I've got a Palermo save (although I don't play it very often, so I'm still only in Jan/Feb 2010), and I'm comfortably in second spot, and only 3 or 4 points off Inter. I reckon the Brazilian league would be tricky to win, purely because there's so many teams who could win it, with the likes of Santos, Sao Paulo, Flamengo, Palmeiras, Corinthians, Cruzeiro...

I dunno - I've got a Palermo save (although I don't play it very often, so I'm still only in Jan/Feb 2010), and I'm comfortably in second spot, and only 3 or 4 points off Inter. I reckon the Brazilian league would be tricky to win, purely because there's so many teams who could win it, with the likes of Santos, Sao Paulo, Flamengo, Palmeiras, Corinthians, Cruzeiro...

It is tough. Lots of quality teams in Brazil with no dominant team. Also the bottom teams are rarely terrible, they are competitive

The Spanish B4 division is quite tough. It is the 6th league down.

Segunda B is the Spanish 3rd tier.

Liga BBVA (Primera) ----> Liga adelante (Segunda "A") ----> Segunda "B" (Split into four regional divisions, B1,B2,B3,B4, with end of season promotion play-offs).

What makes starting in one of the four Segunda B divisions tricky, is even if you romp your particular division, you can still miss out on promotion by losing in the play-offs.

The Spanish B4 division is quite tough. It is the 6th league down.

Although challenging, with a few good signings, even on a shoestring budget, it's possible to quickly surpass Rangers & Celtic, because the overall quality of their players isn't insurmountably far ahead in the game.

while i dont play it often, in fact since cm98 i have only played it 3 times, i find the italian league tricky. It is hard to keep hold of your players, especially with co-ownership and generally its a very tough league to score in. Just my opinion from my own experiances though.

IMO Serie A from the top tiers. It has a lot of teams challenging for the title, Inter, Milan, Juve, Roma from the start and Genoa, Napoli, Palermo, Parma etc in 2-3 seasons. La Liga isn't very difficult, apart from Real and Barca there isn't any team for the title. And in Premier only Man City is the tough team to beat. Mind you that this is from my experience.

Hungarian and Austrian Premier leagues. Debreceni is absolutely the most dominating team in Hungary, still haven't beaten them, and in Austria Rapid and RB Salzburg have loads of cash and lots of rep.

I agree with that. Any of the leagues where there is one really dominant team, and limited champions league places, are very tough if you start as a mid table team. I have taken MTK to be the second best team in Hungary for three seasons, but I still cannot beat Debrecen in the league (or cup >={).

Archived