Is this game too easy?

I've never played FM, except for the Demo I recently downloaded. I know its the most popular football management game out these days but to be honest I never bothered trying it due to there not being a 3D match engine. But now thats changed and SI have recently introduced a decent match you can actually watch, I've decided to give it a try.

However, before I do can some of you FM veterans out there give me your honest opinion on how challenging this game is? I tried the Demo and was dismayed to win my first ever competative match 5-0 :thdn: I hope this was a complete fluke and not the norm! I want to be challenged, I want to struggle and be involved in relegation battles, I want to be frustrated that my star striker has lost all confidence and couldn't hit a barn door! Yes I'm a sadist :p What I don't want is to be able to master this game after a couple of seasons, and get bored because it becomes too easy to succeed.

I've played other management games (like the Fifa Manager series) and after a while it becomes pretty easy and commonplace to take a club from the lower leagues all the way up to the premiership and constantly dominate the league and europe. Its fun the first or second time you do it, but boring and unrealistc thereafter. So does FM offer a stiffer challenge, or like many other games can it be mastered pretty easily? Thanks in advance.

It is if you pick a typical big four club, or you stay at the same place long enough to make them a big four club. But there are many challenges out there, and if you pick a decent amount of leagues you can always go away and pick up a new one 20 years in.

The game is as easy or as hard as you make it depending on the teams you pick and how you play the game.

If you choose Real Madrid and all their millions, your game will probably be easier than if you chose a team from the second division of Poland.

Maybe take a trip to the LLM section of the forum and see how they go about the game there. Some would say they take it way too seriously but this way of playing may suit you.

The beauty of this game is its each to their own. There are so many different ways to play. Its just a matter of finding which way suits you.

Depends what team you are. If you pick say Man U or Barca it's very easy but if you pick a lower side say from league 2 you will have a long and rewarding game.

Thanks, this is what I was hoping for. I never start at the top as I prefer lower league football.

I don't think this game is ridiculously hard but neither is it a walk in the park. I can remember the old CM2 days where it would take quite literally years of ingame time to win the Champions League, nowadays I can win the CL within a couple of years of entering the tournament. Winning it on CM2 was a lot more rewarding.

I do however think the difficulty of the game is just right. Some people will find FM10 easy, others will stuggle, if SI try and cater the game for the players that find it too easy, those that struggle would probably stop playing and vice-versa. It's all about finding a balance and SI have done that.

There is no difficulty setting for this game. This game can be hugely difficult and also ridiculously easy... it depends on your ability to manage a team. That particular ability (to manage) depends on YOU... do you have it? can you learn it? can you deal with it? find out, step up, become, overcome, challange yourself, try, endeavour, become .... the manager.....

I personally believe that the difficulty is about right.

In my current save, I'm managing ASF Bobo in Burkina Faso. It took me four years to build a double-winning side, then repeated the feat the next season. At this point it could've become a snooze-fest, and I did have concerns, but, I'm currently battling for the league title (it's much closer this year due to ASFA-Yennega rebuilding well under a new manager), I went out of the Burkinabé Cup in the quarter-final stage, and we're far from a force in the African Champion's League. Add onto that the fact that my two best players are heading off to bigger things, others are making similar noises, and a mid-table side being taken over by a Portuguese tycoon (making them sleeping giants in a sense), and I keep finding myself being drawn back into the game every time that I could potentially lose my interest.

In a prior save, I made a name for myself managing Llanelli and dominating the Welsh scene, before moving to Nottingham Forest and falling flat on my face, getting the boot after just eighteen months. I guess I'm echoing others here, but if you fear losing your passion due to the game being 'too easy', start small and work your way up. :)

In a prior save, I made a name for myself managing Llanelli and dominating the Welsh scene, before moving to Nottingham Forest and falling flat on my face, getting the boot after just eighteen months. I guess I'm echoing others here, but if you fear losing your passion due to the game being 'too easy', start small and work your way up.

That sentiment (from socko) sums it up. Manage. Start small, have a dream , try and make it happen.....

Archived