Total overreaction?

So i'll set the scene.

I'm Truro City in my second season in the BSS just gone past January. I'm top of the league at the minute and I'd just played Staines. In the match I went 2-0 up after 11 minutes and we totally dominate the match until my Right Back Kenny Davis concedes a penalty, he's lucky to get away with a yellow, 2-1 at half time.

Still in control of the match I can see us scoring again, for as usual I tell them 'For the Fans!.

Less than a minute after the second half commences the right back who conceded the penalty earlier (Kenny Davis) commits a foul on the edge on my area. He's off and subsequently they score from the free kick.

I'm fuming at this guy right now. The fans and even the other players would be, right?

We draw 2-2 and I tell them I 'sympathise' with the team and I'm disappointed with Kenny Davis. This guy cost us the win and the lead in the league. I fine him 1 weeks wages for his sending off. He's what i got.

Screenshot2010-07-31at121041.png

Screenshot2010-07-31at121201.png

Screenshot2010-07-31at121214.png

Overreaction much? xD

I'm just terrified this is going to jeopardise my chances of promotion, anyone had this before?

• SI Staff

With this sort of thing - think about what sort of person the player is when you make your actions as well.

For instance if the players a 'prat' then chances are the rest of the team will react better to a harsh punishment than if he's committed and trying his best for the team already; in which case he's probably gutted himself that he got sent off and cost you the points and the other players feel you're kicking him when he's down.

With this sort of thing - think about what sort of person the player is when you make your actions as well.

For instance if the players a 'prat' then chances are the rest of the team will react better to a harsh punishment than if he's committed and trying his best for the team already; in which case he's probably gutted himself that he got sent off and cost you the points and the other players feel you're kicking him when he's down.

Cheers, I'll keep that in mind next time. I just thought it was a little over the top for every player in the squad to be angry at me. His personality is 'sporting' and yes, he's never complained about anything, just got on with the job. Probably should have shown him a little more respect.

At least you know your team will stick together and defend each other..

Yeah they have done. In fact, a week after everything has calmed down. All the players came forward after saying that they understood the decision. I handed the player a new contract and he's happy again now as is everyone else (Apart from one, but he's one player i'm trying to get rid of).

Archived