Got sacked - in an unheard of way

I coached Brazil. I can admit results leading up to Copa America had not been superb.

But I did not get sacked and once in the tournament things were finally clicking.

Beat Ecuador 3-1, Trinidad 4-0 and then 0-0 against Urugay.

Qualified for later stages with ease - but they sacked me right there.

My manager profile is great, so it can't be my reputation that was the reason.

Previously won World cup with England in the same career and have 2 Austrian and 7 English league titles.

I don't get it. But yes 0-3 vs Australia in a friendly just before the tournament was probably a big contributor in the decision.

It's not a bug. Parreira was essentially sacked in 1994, and he'd just won the World Cup. Ah, but he didn't win it stylishly enough, so let's get rid of him! The Brazilian FA being a bunch of lunatics is accurate modelling.

Oh great, I've just taken over Brazil...

This. I made a poll about it last night. The next day (literally the next day) the england job opened! I'd have done anything to manage england... if only i'd have not accepted brazil. Still, i'll hopefully win my first brazil game!

I am managing Italy so I should be safe. That is because I have previously won 3 epl titles, 2 fa cups, 2 league cups & 1 Champions League

Bragging for the loss.

We're on about Brazil being trigger happy, not Italy.

Luckily when they offer me the Brazil job, I never want to take it anyway ^_^. I suppose you know if you take over Brazil you'll soon be in the personal money :).

This. I made a poll about it last night. The next day (literally the next day) the england job opened! I'd have done anything to manage england... if only i'd have not accepted brazil. Still, i'll hopefully win my first brazil game!

Apply for the job, the only time you cant change that quickly is if you apply for 2 jobs at once and the lesser job is offered to you and you accept, then the better job application is void.

It's not a bug. Parreira was essentially sacked in 1994, and he'd just won the World Cup. Ah, but he didn't win it stylishly enough, so let's get rid of him! The Brazilian FA being a bunch of lunatics is accurate modelling.

Yes it is, an example of something that happened 16 years ago for something that isnt even modelled in FM doesnt mean a damn thing. You say "essentially sacked", you mean he wasnt sacked but just didnt have his contract renewed which is totally different to what happens in FM.

Yes it is, an example of something that happened 16 years ago for something that isnt even modelled in FM doesnt mean a damn thing. You say "essentially sacked", you mean he wasnt sacked but just didnt have his contract renewed which is totally different to what happens in FM.

Look at the time in charge of Brazil managers. If they do not win the World Cup, they change the manager, every time (and they did in 1994 even though they won). Dunga is the first manager in forever to last 4 years in the job, and that is only because he won the Copa America and the Confederations Cup. They have had 36 managers over the past 60 years - despite being easily the most successful side in world football over that time. Even despite Dunga's (relatively) long reign, they've had 6 managers in the past decade. The Brazilian FA are incredibly trigger happy: they expect their team to win every match, and if the team fails to live up to this insane expectation, they fire the manager. It's a fact.

IRL Rafael from Man Utd has just been called up to the Brazil squad for the first time. Now I dont know the rest of the squad but im guessing there may be a few new additions to the squad for trial purposes. Now if Brazil were to lose the next friendly after playing these players and giving them a chance, would the manager be sacked? I think not.

Yes Brazil have high expectations but the way managers are sacked in the game is just a bit too far.

doesn't seem to be anything wrong with Brazil in my game. Dunga was the manager until 2013 when he got sacked. he lost several matches before getting the sack, including a WC Qualifier against Argentina in 2009, friendly against Spain in 2010, friendly against Croatia in 2011, friendly against Algeria (!) in 2012, and finally he was sacked after losing a friendly to France in 2013. also he drew friendlies with Israel, Ukraine, South Africa, and Estonia...

While I agree that there's quite possibly a bug with the Brazil national team, it doesn't seem to be quite as fatalistic for computer managers in my current save.

After Dunga was sacked with a 8-3-3 record in 14 games (since the start of the game in June 2009) after losing to France in the World Cup Quarter Final, both managers following him have lasted about a year each. Their records were/are respectively 9-2-2 (lost in Copa America Semi against Argentina) for Carlos Alberto Torres and 4-1-2 for Tite who's still holding on after losses in friendly games against Germany and Ecuador.

I think, considering these runs it's possible that human managers are judged by more stringent rules, how else can stories be explained where you guys got sacked after the first non-win of your national trainer spell?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived