Editing FMH2007

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff

You can transfer players and update their basic stats (ditto for clubs).

I'm working on a mini-editor to allow people to avoid editing the files raw - but I'll post some more information on editing the actual text files when I get a chance (basically think post PC patch and FM PSP editor release).

Marc, what's the club name i need to use for Manchester Utd to move David Jones to Derby?

I tried "Manchester", "Manchester United", "Man Utd", and "Manchester Utd" and i still can't get him into my team.

I know i'm doing it right because i have already moved Jonathan Stead in from Sunderland and i'm not at the 36 player limit.

• SI Staff

"Man Utd" should work.

The teams short names are used. So whatever their names is in the league table should be put in.

If "Man Utd" isn't working for you, post the line you are putting into the 'changes' file and we'll see if we can spot the problem.

sorry, i know this doesnt ansawer your question but how did you work the editing out in the first place? i can't find where to set up the document to make changes? please help, thanks

I know but i still can't work it out... So you make a new document on your computer? then connect the PSP to the computer, open the files and folders on the PSP then i only get 'SAVEDATA' and no 'COMMON' file? so i can't save the 'changes.txt' anywhere other than the configuration part on the saved games which doesn't work either. Pleases help me to find out where i am going wrong? Really appriciate it thanks

1. Connect PSP to PC

2. Open memory stick in a window

3. Open 'PSP' folder (if not there create one)

4. Create a folder called 'COMMON'

5. Open 'COMMON' folder

6. Create a 'FMH' folder

7. Open wordpad/notepad

8. Write out commands for the changes you want to make

9. Save file as 'Changes.txt' in FMH folder you created

10. Exit USB mode on your PSP and load FMH

11. Start a new game and your changes should have happened.

• SI Staff
Originally posted by sean_oc16:

Anyone??

Sorry not to have got back to you sooner sean.

When I put the following line into my 'chenges' file then David Jones moves to the Derby squad.

"PLAYER" "David" "Jones" "Man Utd" "" "" "" "" "" "Derby"

Let me know if that works for you.

I've done that mate a few times now and everytime I start a new game it says 'initialing new game' and loads exactly half of the bar and then stops? but as soon as i remove the folder it works again? have I done something wrong? All folders are exactly word for word and everything. please help

• SI Staff
Originally posted by m@_h:

I've done that mate a few times now and everytime I start a new game it says 'initialing new game' and loads exactly half of the bar and then stops? but as soon as i remove the folder it works again? have I done something wrong? All folders are exactly word for word and everything. please help

Just to check something - by any chance are you using a Mac or anything other than a PC for the editing? - if so please save the file in PC format if possible, otherwise loading is likely to fail.

Originally posted by m@_h:

what do you mean by 'firmware'?

The software on your PSP.

To check, from the main screen go to Settings -> system settings -> Sysytem Information.

I think you need at least 2.71 to play FMH. If you need to upgrade, go to 'Game' om the man screen of your PSP, and select 'PSP Update ver 2.81' underneath the FMH UMD icon

Originally posted by Kenners:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sean_oc16:

Anyone??

Sorry not to have got back to you sooner sean.

When I put the following line into my 'chenges' file then David Jones moves to the Derby squad.

Let me know if that works for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still not working mate icon_frown.gif

Marc, can you help please.

I've managed to get "editing" working, however, only limited. I've tried to do a bul edit, about 10 players all together, including 1 name change. When I start a game only the first "edit command" on my list takes place, I'e tried re-ordering them and its always the first in the list that happens...?!?

im wondering if you need a file for each "edit" but you've said on another thread that the changes.txt can have more than one line..

thanks in advance

• SI Staff

Just so people know - I'm working on a PSP editor so that it'll simplify things somewhat for people as they'll be able to avoid raw editing of the text file themselves and it'll also contain all the player names etc. required to do the edits which will avoid a lot of the silly mistakes with spelling etc.

I'm hoping this will be completed and available for download in the next couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

I've managed to get "editing" working, however, only limited. I've tried to do a bul edit, about 10 players all together, including 1 name change. When I start a game only the first "edit command" on my list takes place, I'e tried re-ordering them and its always the first in the list that happens...?!?

im wondering if you need a file for each "edit" but you've said on another thread that the changes.txt can have more than one line..

thanks in advance

I have lines that work after the first one, but am still having problems with David Jones icon_mad.gif

Originally posted by sean_oc16:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

thanks in advance

I have lines that work after the first one, but am still having problems with David Jones icon_mad.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finally got David Jones at in after putting his line first, but now Jon Stead isn't there icon_mad.gif

Beginning to think that they don't want to be at the same club icon_frown.gif

thats strange sean cos I've got D.Jones to work, hes the first in my list, its anyone after him that won't work. I pasted the D.Jones line from on here and just ammended it for everyone else

I've got a few to work below his and i think i might have a solution.

I'm gonna leave a space inbetween each line because it seems the odd lines work for me and not the even ones.

no, I put a line in between each command as you suggested. had Mcindoe from barnsley to wolves as my first this time and not even that happened! icon_confused.gif

That's strange :S

I think it might be just the first 2 that wok because ths time some of my others that worked before didn't work this time.

• SI Staff

No one file with multiple changes is fine.

If the parser finds a line with an error it terminates parsing at that point intentionally - this means you know the line after the last change is the one with the mistake on.

Originally posted by Marc Vaughan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">im wondering if you need a file for each "edit" but you've said on another thread that the changes.txt can have more than one line..

No one file with multiple changes is fine.

If the parser finds a line with an error it terminates parsing at that point intentionally - this means you know the line after the last change is the one with the mistake on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But is there a limit on the number of changes per club?

Because i know the line is right and when i changed the club to move player to it worked fine.

• SI Staff
But is there a limit on the number of changes per club?

No none at all (so if you're that way inclined you could swap the entire squads of Bournemouth and Arsenal icon_wink.gif ).

There is however a limit in that you cannot 'transfer' a player who is out on loan - if (as it appears icon_biggrin.gif) this proves a popular option this year I'll try and work a way around it as well as adding new editable fields next year.

Mark, Ive managed to do bulk transfers now! basically it just about making sure spelling etc is 100%, but I've noticed (im a wednesday fan) Rocky Lekaj's (one of our kids) names is spelt Lekej, im trying to change it but its not working, could your give a brief walkthrough of how to do it please, thanks in advance.

Mityowl, how did you do the bulk transfers?

And how to change a player's name is detailed in the manual on page 32.

I think the line you want is something like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">"PLAYER" "Rocky" "Lekej" "Sheff Weds" "Rocky" "Lekaj" "" "" "" ""</pre>

Might have to replace ths club name, i'm not sure what you need for Sheffield Wednesday.

"PLAYER" "Michael" "McIndoe" "Barnsley" "" "" "" "" "" "Wolves"

"PLAYER" "Leon" "Knight" "Swansea" "" "" "" "" "" "Barnsley"

"PLAYER" "Tresor" "Kandol" "Barnet" "" "" "" "" "" "Leeds"

"PLAYER" "Shwan" "Jalal" "Woking" "" "" "" "" "" "Sheff Wed"

"PLAYER" "Jonathan" "Stead" "Sunderland" "" "" "" "" "" "Derby"

"PLAYER" "Ben" "Alnwick" "Sunderland" "" "" "" "" "" "Tottenham"

"PLAYER" "Paul" "Ince" "Swindon" "" "" "" "" "" "Macclesfield"

"PLAYER" "Dennis" "Wise" "Swindon" "" "" "" "" "" "Leeds"

(wise and ince obviously managers of their clubs now but anyways)

got all these to work, a few of these are loan with view to perm deals.

I've tried waht you suggest with Lekej/Lakaj with no luck! I'e also tried sticking a few mates in the game like that also with no luck!

good luck

OK, looks good icon14.gif

I got Stead and Jones at Derby, and they were the main ones i wanted anyway (seeing i'm playing as Derby) so i'm happy atm.

Not sure why that Lekej/Lekaj one won't work, i just followed what was in the manual. Maybe i missed a quote or something.

I'll keep trying, basicaly its about making sure every spelling/punctuation etc is spot on.

I'll post any more I get and you could do the same?

take it your a Derby fan? had a good result at our place earlier this season,( but a bad result today!) I think we're the team to watch at the mo tho

Yeah, i'll post anything that i get to work.

I was thinking some time of trying to make some sort of 'european super league' by swapping some of the teams around not sure exactly yet though, but i'll let people know when i do.

And yes, i am a Derby fan, yes we beat you earlier in the season (icon_smile.gif), yes we had a poor resuilt today (icon_frown.gif), and yes you are foing well atm and you had a good result today. And i noticed Tudgay (former derby player) scored for you again today.

Archived