Profit makeing transfer policy

How many of you go for this approach? I signed 4 young players (2 english and 2 argentinians) couple of seasons ago with the intention of selling them on but all 4 are in my premiership winning team now. One was a CB/RB priced at 2.5million now valued at 6Mill and 3 star. The two midfielders were bought for a combined 2.8 Million and are now worth 14Million and regular international players for Argentina at 21. I also trained one to play LB, quality player. The English striker is the gem. Bought for 4.2 now valued at 18.75 and is a 4 star player. I think that 3 of them are fake players generated by the game but Diego Ruiz is a real player i think.

Bought Yaya Sanogo recently for 8.5 also and he is now valued at 18.5 having been capped 10 times for France and scored 11 goals. He scored 55 in 58 in my first season

i do this with quite a few of my teams. especially when i was scunthorpe. i enjoyed the fact that i was restricted in terms of buying players i knew that i had to sell if i got a good offer. i built the finances up so much that at one stage when i was i the prem 5th or 6th season. i had about £45 million.

What kind of approach did you take, what profit did you make etc etc? Did you have a specific position you liked training? Plessis was a beauty with my swansea team! Bought for 350k and sold for 6million. Finding a ready made replacement at a bargain price before selling is advised

I don't understand the question.

I sign players to make my team as strong as possible. Obviously, among them are young talents who will develop and consequently gain value as well. I will sell players when I feel that for the money I will be able to bring a better replacement or if I can strengthen the team with the money otherwise.

I do not sign players for the sole purpose of selling them on for profit.

I don't understand the question.

I sign players to make my team as strong as possible. Obviously, among them are young talents who will develop and consequently gain value as well. I will sell players when I feel that for the money I will be able to bring a better replacement or if I can strengthen the team with the money otherwise.

I do not sign players for the sole purpose of selling them on for profit.

i do cos im always able to find a replacement

If I see a good player being transfer listed by his own request or even having his contract run out, I tend to sign them.

I play them a few times to see if they are any good and to get them some exposure and then I sell them for a profit.

i do this all the time its essiential for smaller clubs or in less desirable leagues like the mls u make ur club rich in order to keep a select few players who are corner stones of ur team by paying them more because of the profits your making in transfers.

I tend not to do that, but mainly because the limited reputation of the league will prevent players from becoming that profitable.

Local youngsters can be bought for 250k-1M and sold for a maximum of 2/3M after a couple of seasons of development and first team apps, but before they start to become full-fledged backups, thus falling under the international radar.

International good youngsters and stars work as "cash in material" only if I can sign them before they get discovered by another Top Club. Anyone below the 5M mark can be profitable, if I manage to turn them into top-notch players.

But to this day, I haven't sold anyone for more than 18M...

On the other hand, if I really want an already semi-established star [second-rate ones mind you], I'll have to fork out 15-25M, and the player's value will nosedive within a few months [thanks again, leauge reputation!]

So no, I don't buy players just to make money, because I'd need to sign like 20 of them every season in order to make a good profit.

My tendancy would be to sign younger players or bring them through the youth ranks. From there i always have a set price in mind I will sell them on for. Wouldn't say i actively buy to sell but am not the kind of player to turn down a big bucks deal.

Particularly when your managing a lower league club this is the only way to do business.

One thing I like to do at a big club is sign lots of good players on Bosmans. If it turns out I don't need them, I loan them out for a year with the other team picking up 100% of salary, and the loan fee I receive pays for the signing-on fee. Then when the loan is up, I sell the guy for a big fat fee. Very profitable.

Buying youngsters with the sole purpose of selling them on for a profit is a risky business unless you trust your scouts (or your Genie Scout) a lot. The problem is pretty much that once wages, the transfer fees and various bonuses are taken into the equation along with the fact that you will also be paying these sums for those players that you will have to let go for free or for very small sums, you often won't have made a profit at all... Doing a little math is good here so let's put so

I do this all the time as well. Sign any decent/good youngster or just decent/good players and sell them usually after 6 months. I even sign some that I have no intention of playing, but just to make a profit from their sale. One of my best deals has been signing a near-world class winger on a free from Man City. However, I don't even play with wingers. Six months later he was off to Juventus for a cool 25 mil.

Buying youngsters with the sole purpose of selling them on for a profit is a risky business unless you trust your scouts (or your Genie Scout) a lot. The problem is pretty much that once wages, the transfer fees and various bonuses are taken into the equation along with the fact that you will also be paying these sums for those players that you will have to let go for free or for very small sums, you often won't have made a profit at all... Doing a little math is good here so let's put so

i dont use no genie scout whatever cos i dont know what it is but i dont sign many youngsters. only a select few which i think are good. corry evans on a free most of the time.

Finished top of the league last three seasons with Everton, won pretty much everything (just world cup with france needed now) by 2016. I'm currently getting a whole truck load of youngsters in and out on loan. See how things go with trying to improve them and their price

Being a small team, York, I've had to do this to survive. Prior to this season, I'd paid one transfer fee ever, 35k for a Scottish goalkeeper (dependent on promotion from the conference, which was unexpected). I sold him that summer for 60k, a modest profit, but it financed a good proportion of my wage bill. The following season, I brought in free agent Mads Timm, he won our player of the year award as we won promotion and I sold him to Brondby for 150k. We ran away with League One and now, have just qualified for the Championship Play-Offs, despite losing Shane Duffy in January to my parent club, Stoke. We'd signed him a year and a half before when Everton released him, and were offered 2.8m plus 50% of his next fee. That's allowed me to bring in Michael Tonge at the end of the season, Donny... something, a left sided Dutch player on a Bosman, both of whom are currently on loan at the club, and a natural replacement for Duffy in Johnny Flynn, who I'd missed out on when Blackburn released him because I was too stingy with my wages!

(Incidentally, I signed Corry Evans after having him on loan in our first season. He's rubbish. Versatile, useful, but no where near the quality of the rest of my team, which is made up of free agents and loan players from Stoke!!)

It's useful even at small levels. My Maidstone team brought in £3,630 last season in transfer fees. It might not sound like much, but it was about the same as my sponsorship income and merchandising income put together.

I'm halfway through my current season and have sold £4,790 so far, which roughly equates to sponsorship + merchandising + TV revenue so far. Every little helps.

Archived