Should i or should i go?

What should i do  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What should i do

• Continue at Le Havre?
    • Take the job offer and move to Inter Milan?

I'm into my 5th season as manager of Le Harve and i have been offered the job as Inter manager. I've won the Ligue 1 title the last 3 years and have a pretty good squad. I have managed to get to the 1st ko round of the champions league but no further.

Inter are doing pretty bad. Mid table, out of the champions league and looking like no european football next season. They have sold alot of there good players and the rest are getting old.The plus side is i have been given a 50m transfer budget to re-build the team.

I would love to stay with Le Harve but i think do to the reputation of the french league i have hit a peak as far as the quality of players i can attract to take them to the next level.

What do you think, stay at Le Harve and continue to build a squad good enough to win the champions league in the long distance future

or

Take over at a struggling Inter side with a much bigger reputation and potential and huge transfer budget to re-build a massive club in world football.

I say, stay at Le Havre.

Try to bring them to the top of Europe/World, and then move on.

Yeah i see what you are saying but i pretty much have as strong a squad i can buy as better players will not come to France, i dominate the french league but then dont have the players to be able to break into the top 10 clubs in the world.

Go to Inter. It will be a good challenge to build up the team and it will take your career a step further, and as you said I doubt you'll get far in the Champions League with Le Harve with the quality of players you can attract.

Yeah i see what you are saying but i pretty much have as strong a squad i can buy as better players will not come to France, i dominate the french league but then dont have the players to be able to break into the top 10 clubs in the world.

Hm, i see.

Not easy then. If it was me, i'd still stay to try to acheive the impossible lol

Until i would get the sack, or get relegated :p

After analysing the Inter sqaud i have desided to stay at Le Harve. It was a very tempting offer to re-build a massive club but i think i will feel a much bigger sense of achivement if i win in Europe with a team i have taken from the 2nd tier of French football to the top.

It's just a shame that the reputation of the French league doesnt change throughout a save (Which im sure we all hope is changed for the next installment of FM) coz that is holding me back from being able to attract the sort of players my success would bring IRL

I had a similar situation with PSG where I hadn't won that sought after European trophy, I left before I had managed too and regretted it. Then again however, who's to say I would ever have managed to win one and it could have been a case of "just one more season" over and over again. I think by staying the satisfaction you will get if you do succeed will make it worth while! Good luck!

Thanks Guys.

I've just had a nother example of the annoying league reputation issue. Steven Defour has been transfer listed by Man City and i had a bid accepted. As have Sunderland, who finished 6th in the permier league and Galatasaray who havent done anything in Europe. I offer the contract to him and it says he is not interested in signing for me.

Will be intesting if he accepts one of the other 2 offers.

Archived