Getting a Son.

I still don't think it's been prgrammed - it's just a combination of random events - ie someone, by luck, having the same surname as you and favoured personnel.

I have plenty of youth coming through with me as their favoured personnel - so it only takes one of these to have the same surname for me to have a 'son'.

It's just a rare combination of random factors, hence the long odds.

I still don't think it's been prgrammed - it's just a combination of random events - ie someone, by luck, having the same surname as you and favoured personnel.

I have plenty of youth coming through with me as their favoured personnel - so it only takes one of these to have the same surname for me to have a 'son'.

It's just a rare combination of random factors, hence the long odds.

No its programmed as SI have confirmed on numerous occasions.

To be 100% sure use a unique surname that isn't in the game.

No its programmed as SI have confirmed on numerous occasions.

To be 100% sure use a unique surname that isn't in the game.

Genuinely interested to get confirmation of this as I haven't seen SI confirm it?

And I don't think it matters what the user name is as that becomes part of the games pool - so is possible to be used.

Genuinely interested to get confirmation of this as I haven't seen SI confirm it?

And I don't think it matters what the user name is as that becomes part of the games pool - so is possible to be used.

Surely if i use say Schadenfreude as a surname, then that would be added to the games pool for the use of a son. Im sure getting a son is a easter egg.

Just like the april fools joke and the birthday messages.

If it helps, I have also seen the confirmation back in FM08 (or possibly FM07) when the first post on the subject appeared on here. Some one from SI posted to confirm it was a rare feature and congratulated the poster for being the first person to notice it.

Well I would have to do a search for confirmation and I'm sure you're capable of doing that yourself.

I'm not sure on the game pool of names but I've used a unique surname for the last few versions and I've never seen it given to another player so I can only presume that it doesn't get added except for a son.

As its quiet at work:

Posts 41 & 49 in this thread

Its been confirmed a number of times, chances are about 1 in 10000.

As for user name, I don't think they get added, I've used some fairly random and unique ones in the last few saves and never seen it for a regen.

I think a man and a woman have to love each other very much. :)

( kidding ) ... I can ask around for you if you like.

yes it would be nice to know what specific conditions spawn a regen son into the game

and the odds of it

its the biggest mystery I have on FM since this feature emerged

Well this is what was posted on another thread (bit hard to understand)

We in QA have decided that it is possible to 'complete' FM via having a newgen son in the game

As manager of a club you have to have your son come through the youth ranks.

You have to have a new stadium named after you at the club you are managing.

Become manager of the national team of your son.

Qualify for the World Cup.

The World Cup final has to be held at the stadium named after you.

Your son has to score the winning goal in the final

yes it would be nice to know what specific conditions spawn a regen son into the game

and the odds of it

its the biggest mystery I have on FM since this feature emerged

See my post below, it was above yours ;)

Its been confirmed a number of times, chances are about 1 in 10000.

As for user name, I don't think they get added, I've used some fairly random and unique ones in the last few saves and never seen it for a regen.

Well this is what was posted on another thread (bit hard to understand)

That posted by gudge is not true.

thank you tenthreeleader

I am looking forward to know the exact details and conditions to spawn a regen

edgar

I already knew those facts about the son scoring in the final at your Stadium named after you

and the approximation of 1 in 10000 is not precise

Archived