Can I run FM on this PC- please help

I'm in desperate need of a new PC. My old one is a bit shaky and looks like it will die very soon. I used to play FM on it and got to 2026 until it started lagging a lot. Basically i don't want an intense gaming computer as i'll only be playing FM or CM on it. I need a computer that won't lag in the latter years much and i want to run a medium-large database with quite a few leagues loaded.

So far i have found one computer:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/186618

My budget is £400 and that suits it well i think, i just need your opinions on it. Yes, the graphics card isn't the best but i'm planning to upgrade that soon.

Thanks

Well you are covered for the Graphix, one X16 lane. To be honest with you, if you are happy with what is provided, it is probably solid for what it is, being on a tight budet. Compag have a good rep, but I believe this company is now a new company. It has poor upgrade value, only the Graphix Card is catered for and one at that (PSU maybe catering for) Two X8 lanes are desirable. Bigger disks are ok, but as stated, not the fastest load up and seek times, the number 10 is desirable, but for FM it should not matter too much. I would not but Ebuyer have a good rep anyway.

Sounds ok to me, just like you i am buying a new Pc.

Quad Core Q8300, 6gb ram, 1TB Hdd, and the graphics card i think would suit you is the HD 5450 graphics card DDR3.

That Pc should handle 25 + leagues on a large database, also probably will spend an extra £38 for an extra gig of ram if it starts getting slow into the 40th season. (If i get that far!):thup:

Archived