Rivalry gone to far!

So heres the story. Manager of AC Milan for 6 years. Always having a good old ding dong with the Atalanta manager in the press, always good fun to get some enemies. UNTIL...i got the Italy job. Called up the players i wanted, few from my Milan team, few from the Atalanta team. Then he turns around and WITHDRAWS them from the squad, because he doesnt like me! Amazing! Granted its only a friendly but ive never seen that before! Foul play i cry!

So heres the story. Manager of AC Milan for 6 years. Always having a good old ding dong with the Atalanta manager in the press, always good fun to get some enemies. UNTIL...i got the Italy job. Called up the players i wanted, few from my Milan team, few from the Atalanta team. Then he turns around and WITHDRAWS them from the squad, because he doesnt like me! Amazing! Granted its only a friendly but ive never seen that before! Foul play i cry!

Don't pick his players again. They'll soon have him out of his job.

Just keep picking them for friendlies, and he should keep withdrawing them. This will see the players involved getting VERY unhappy with him I would imagine :)

I know if you withdraw players, they can get upset/mad and not like you. May lead to the manager getting the sack for the players not liking him, or the players just playing so badly that he gets the sack for Atalanta doing badly :D

One of my former players did that - he's a hopeless manager and his list of managed clubs reads like Nicolas Anelka's transfer history. Unfortunately he's also rather outspoken so he fell out with just about every manager in the league and overseas (not me of course). So every time he calls up players for a friendly half the squad is withdrawn. Friendly squads and competitive squads look very different nowadays in my game as a result.

I'm the Argentina manager and in the bundesliga as the 4 four time in a row champions/ european champions I get alot of angry comments from other managers within the league, mainly though it is Hoffenheim who now refuse to sell me their players, be friendly etc.

I tried to pick Franco/Bruno Zuculini (The better one, which ever it is) and the damn Hoffenheim manager withdraws him from the squad :mad:

Hopefully over time I will see Zuculini started to complain and develop a bad relationship with his manager for his actions as I find it extremely annoying having players taken out of my squad... Imagine if it is was the world cup though and a player like Messi got withdrawn, that would be insane.

Thats a fairly cool inclusion in the game. Although I once withdrew one of my players from an international friendly squad as he was just back from injury at a crucial point of our season and he proceeded to hate me. You'd think a lot of players would be quite annoyed at their manager denying them the chance to play for their country

Archived