additions

ma and ma mate both have FM 2010 and when he seem my version he says his is awhole lot different and i dont know why, he said that he can access his editor via the start up menu but on mine i can not do that, i just want to know if there is something wrong or does my version not have it?

also i am obsessed with a 4-4-2 and can do pretty well but would also like some new ideas to try out on my game.

thanks again guys

How about trying 3 centre-backs.

Or 3 central midfielders.

Or 3 strikers.

I've tried all those throughout my career and they work well if you put in the initial effort.

I suppose it depends on the players you already have.

I don't like wingers so I tend to play 4-3-3.

I don't like wingers so I tend to play 4-3-3.

Heh, it's funny, but to me, 4-3-3 means wingers. Proper wingers, not the modern type type who track back and all that crap, but the guys who are full out attacking players, hugging the touchline. In FM terms, that means FL/R. Dunno where this narrow one the game has comes from...

Heh, it's funny, but to me, 4-3-3 means wingers. Proper wingers, not the modern type type who track back and all that crap, but the guys who are full out attacking players, hugging the touchline. In FM terms, that means FL/R. Dunno where this narrow one the game has comes from...

Well obviously there are two ways of doing it. Playing wide, or playing narrow. I use 3 central midfielders with 3 central strikers. There is always the option to "play wider" if you need to.

That is how I have my 4-1-2-2-1 set up. The two Attacking Midfielders are actually strikers. who sit out on the wing and cut infield or cross the ball as required. It was built off a Narrow 4-1-2-0-3 that played through the middle of the field, but I found that the game was too easy using that tactic and I could win the league with out ever having to change my tactics. This made the game a bit dull.

Well obviously there are two ways of doing it. Playing wide, or playing narrow. I use 3 central midfielders with 3 central strikers. There is always the option to "play wider" if you need to.

Yeah, it's more that I can't remember ever seeing the "narrow 4-3-3" IRL. Classic 4-3-3s had full on wingers (wide forwards in FM terms) while modern ones tend to be the Chelsea style 451/433 hybrid with AML/R.

I am having great success with my 4-3-1-2 formation, using a re-trained striker in the AM/FC role,. The added advantage of this is if i decide to change to 4-3-3, my other favored formation, it takes very little work to change, and no substitutions are needed.

England4Ever

• 3 months later...

I second this - my fav formation was always 4-1-2-1 with the FB's pushing on almost as wingers when attacking. However on FM 11 my two central mids were playing too narrow when defending so I pushed the DM forward to make a 3 in midfield with him playing as a deep lying playmaker. I play the AM as a Trequista and FB's still bombing forward and it works a treat :-)

I am having great success with my 4-3-1-2 formation, using a re-trained striker in the AM/FC role,. The added advantage of this is if i decide to change to 4-3-3, my other favored formation, it takes very little work to change, and no substitutions are needed.

England4Ever

Archived