finzh.jpg

What could be all this expenditure, Am I spending this amount or is this the management spending money on maintaining facilities etc...?

Turnover cancels out the wage budget each month, then the expenditure each month is reducing my balance. Was £4million at start of season, now December it is £-5million. At this rate were going to have problems.

There are a lot of clubs that do this - get a lot of money at the start of the season for things like TV rights or via chairman injections, etc, but their operating costs are far higher than revenues. Thus, the balance continually declines over the season until the next influx of cash occurs. It appears that Middlesbrough is not profitable.

EDIT: Not to mention that Middlesbrough are accustomed to being in the Premier League, so all their expenses are still likely at close to Prem League levels. If you get promoted it should help out significantly.

finzh.jpg

What could be all this expenditure, Am I spending this amount or is this the management spending money on maintaining facilities etc...?

Turnover cancels out the wage budget each month, then the expenditure each month is reducing my balance. Was £4million at start of season, now December it is £-5million. At this rate were going to have problems.

You say "turnover cancels out the wage budget each month," but that's not true at all, or at least, not all the time. Last month, for example, your turnover was only £541,000, but your wage bill is running at the rate of £2M per month. So, when you don't have a large influx of cash from some extra-ordinary source (such as a one-time distribution of rights monies), your wages alone are sucking you dry, even before your other expenditures.

To know what's causing the high expenditure rate, you need to open the expenditures up and see what your club is spending money on besides wages. You had an extra £1M in expenses beyond the wages last month. So your turnover last month didn't even cover the non-salary expenses. Not good.

You probably need to think about unloading some players to reduce the wage bill and bank some transfer fees. Remember: the TV rights income from the Premiership was substantially higher than from the Championship, and the parachute monies you get from being relegated won't make up for that lost income. Sell, sell, sell.

And there's the loan payments of nearly £500k per month.

You should also take a look at the breakdown of the income and expenditure further down that screen so you can see any other major outgoings that need reducing

I managed to get the Middlesbrough researcher to admit that Middlesbrough debts are badly shown on FM as well - although we are in debt to Gibson, it's impossible to factor in the fact that he's only taking money off of us where we're in a position where we wouldn't be losing it.

Well just got a message that Gibson is going to step down as soon as possible, maybe because were not making a profit, I dont know. Were currently in a board takeover phrase, not by a tycoon or anything, but most likely a promotion within the board. Looks like this finance may continue or he (the next chairman) sort out are expenditure.

Archived