Champions League Home Grown status

Does anyone know what the requirement is considering Home Grown talent?

For example, if I buy a player at say 16 yrs old and he is the teams property for the 3 yr training period, does he become HG or is he ineligible since he was loaned away? So any HOT PROSPECT that remains at the club for 3 yrs would then be considered HG and not if he is loaned out.

Thanks

if a player is at a club from the age of 16 for 3 seasons he becomes home grown.. and no they cannot be loaned out.. hope that helped:)

yes they can be loaned out (when they are 17 with a pro contract). they are still owned by the club

So if one club owns a player from him being 17 to him being 20 and the other has him on loan during that time, does he count as home grown for both?

No only the club that own him. So lets say Man Utd loaned Macheda out to 3 different foreign clubs, 1 each year, he would be home grown for Man Utd after them 3 years

Hi

I find that this new rule has me scratching my head when it comes to possible signings and the players I currently have in my team.

In my 4th year with NUFC and I find that I when have to register players for the EPL, I have to register ones that I would not normally include in my 25 named players and leave others out that I want in. The rule is a good one for England overall, re getting more talented players trained up through the youth system, even if it does create an initial headache.

How long does it take for my foriegn players, to get a HG tag or equivilent? I think the Champions league required is the same is it not?

K :)

Hi

I find that this new rule has me scratching my head when it comes to possible signings and the players i currently have in my.

Currently in my 3/4th year with NUFC and I find that I when have to register players for the EPL, I have to register ones that I would not normally include in my 25 named players and leave others out that I want in. The rule is a good one for England overall, re getting more talented players trained up through the youth system, even if it does create an initial headache.

How long does it take for my foriegn players, to get a HG tag or equivilent? I think the Champions league required is the same is it not?

Any players under 21 dont have to be registered in your 25 for the league. So if you have a few 17/18 year olds, they will by homegrown by the time you have to register them anyway :thup:

Hi

Thanks for that.

What I do find is that I am left with some decent foriegn players that cannot be included and they get disgruntled so I have to resort to trying to loan them out. Though that does not have a knock-on effect re team morale thankfully.

Hi

Thanks for that.

What I do find is that I am left with some decent foriegn players that cannot be included and they get disgruntled so I have to resort to trying to loan them out. Though that does not have a knock-on effect re team morale thankfully.

If the foreign player is 19 or and you are short on homegrown and already have a large squad, then I would suggest not buying him, until it's a case you can release (sell off, contract expires) another player in the same postion who's not at the same level as the player you're looking at. If the player is 18 or younger, park him in the reserves/youths, put a for loan sign on him and get him homegrown, unless of course he's already good enough, then keep and play him, and see the mangic of -1.

aye, as far as I can see it is as has been said, you must own the player for 3 years minimum before the age of 21 for the player to be classed as Home Grown by your club. You are allowed to loan the player out during this time.

Players who have trained in the same league for a minimum of 3 years will allow them to fulfill the other HomeGrown status (cant think what they call it)

I really grew to love this new element to the game, as it forced me to search for young talent to bring into the club, so that I would have an abundance of home grown talent after 3 to 4 years when I need them after the current crop get too old or I decide to sell them. Has really helped keep my interest to keep playing a long save game (11 years and goin).

Archived