Champions League Group Stage Progession

I have been eliminated because of this rule before, needless to say i was pretty mad.

No offense, but how can you get mad. The rules are clearly stated at the start of the comp (and haven't changed for years). If you don't know the rules thats your problem.

No offense, but how can you get mad. The rules are clearly stated at the start of the comp (and haven't changed for years). If you don't know the rules thats your problem.

Oh i know the rules but it is just annoying seeing as most comps are decided by points and then GD.

Oh i know the rules but it is just annoying seeing as most comps are decided by points and then GD.

Not really.

Leagues are decided by points then GD but most cup comps that have mini leagues use results first.

Is champions league group stage progression not based on goal difference? What is it based on??

See barcelona in the pic below

xPUIA.png

Oh thats a tough one there mate. At least you've got the europa league....

In italy i believe its done on the same system in the Champions League as well! but yeah i can imagine not knowing this and going out would be well anoying at least u have the europa cup to look forward to

!!

Spain too, but in all these cases it's well documented for years now in real life. It can sometimes be hard to figure out though with a 3 way tie.

In italy i believe its done on the same system in the Champions League as well! but yeah i can imagine not knowing this and going out would be well anoying at least u have the europa cup to look forward to

!!

Correct as this also happened to me as well.

Makes sense to me...

If you're level with a team who have defeated you twice, there's no valid reason for you to go through, no matter if you've won 10-0 twice against the bottom team, while your rivals lost against them

Archived