Transfers and realism

I know that buying players is one of the most entertaining parts of the game, but is it really realistic?

I would like to see an option for a more realistic mode where the manager plays LESS of a part in negotiating transfers. I know that managers obviously have input on what players get bought but do they really handle this much on the financial side of things? I was under the impression that the answer to that is NO.

What I'm trying to get at, is, is this really a realistic simulation of how managers interact throughout transfers?

Well I think you've answered it yourself really - it's to make it more entertaining. You're combining the roles of 3 or 4 extra people (chairmen, agents, etc) into one managers role.

I think it could be fun though to have interaction with the 3 or 4 extra people... would add a new element and more depth to the game

I'm not sure really.

Having said that, FM11 promises to have agents in the game. But at the end of the day - it's generally the manager who decides who to buy and for how much. It's quite possibly the main part of the game, so I beleieve it should stay as it is :)

I would like more interaction with the Chairman.

For example, I needed a central defender and couldn't afford him, now I have a sugger daddy and at points through the season he bungs 50 million in, so I would have liked to have been able to have some kind of interaction where I could have said, Look we need this player, he will make the difference between possibly winning the Champions League, and winning it.

End of the day I had to use the board room screen and I didnt get the cash (didnt do an ultimatum of course), but more interaction would have been nice, even if I had ended with the same result.

I would like more interaction with the Chairman.

For example, I needed a central defender and couldn't afford him, now I have a sugger daddy and at points through the season he bungs 50 million in, so I would have liked to have been able to have some kind of interaction where I could have said, Look we need this player, he will make the difference between possibly winning the Champions League, and winning it.

End of the day I had to use the board room screen and I didnt get the cash (didnt do an ultimatum of course), but more interaction would have been nice, even if I had ended with the same result.

Yeah I completely agree with you.

Some more interaction with the chairman over purchases like this would be great. Adding a more personal touch to transfers because at the moment the system is very stale in my opinion.

This would add some more interaction and fun while at the same time increasing the realism.

I'm not sure really.

Having said that, FM11 promises to have agents in the game. But at the end of the day - it's generally the manager who decides who to buy and for how much. It's quite possibly the main part of the game, so I beleieve it should stay as it is :)

No that is from an unverified source which SI will neither confirm nor deny, I wouldn't put my hopes up on any particular bit of the leaked info.

Archived