Closest finish to the league?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

you must be gutted </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was abit, but it was only my 3rd season since promotion from the Championship and it was a late run of good form that saw me finish that high up, so the teams at the top being so close together actually helped icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fatboyjohnmulhern:

btw is there any non regens in your game still playing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And yes there are some, not many that I recognise though. Wayne Hennessey, Oscar Ustari, Mark Noble, and Billy Sharp (Although he is retiring) are the only noticable ones. Only really former premiership youth players left icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

How come Aston Villa qualified for the Champions League after finishing only 8th? Surely it should have been Arsenal that qualified since they finished 4th? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They probably won the Champions League. The Liverpool loophole was closed icon_wink.gif

Great stuff getting Boro that close mate, great effort.

Closest I have had was my first season with West Ham I had to go to Arsenal on the last day and get at least a draw to win the League. Managed a 2-2 and won on goal difference. There were me, Arsenal and Liverpool on 75 points.

Here is the link.

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg265/SussexHammer/?...nt=20072008TABLE.jpg

Wow, that is insane! Not just the top of the table, but the fact that fifth place was just one point back and sixth was two back. And the top three equal on goal differential. Wow.

The closest I ever had came between Celtic and Rangers. I was playing as Celtic and had to defeat Rangers by three goals or more on the final day but was only able to win 4-2. Here is the top of the final league table:

Rangers: 24 won, 7 drawn, 7 lost, +43 goal differential (73-30)

Celtic: 24 won, 7 drawn, 7 lost, +42 goal differential (81-39)

First season with Bayern I was 2nd all season with Schalke basically duplicating my result every week except for the final game, which they lost 4-0 and I drew, winning the league by a solitary point.

The next season I won my first 19 games and had the leg won by mid March icon_biggrin.gif

this real life

season 2006 2007

dutch eredivisie

1 PSV 34 23 6 5 75 75 - 25

2 Ajax 34 23 6 5 75 84 - 35

3 AZ 34 21 9 4 72 83 - 31

The last matches where amazing, first AZ will be the winner, after 45 minutes Ajax is the winner, after 90 minutes PSV the champion.

The Ukrainian High League was looking prettty tasty in my current save game with 4 games left - the leaders had 49 points, then there were 5 teams on 48 points! A game later it was starting to spread out a little though so it'll probably not be so close by the actual end of the season.

Romania Divizia C, Seria A VIII-A, 1983-84

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

P PTS

1 Meresul Deva 30 38 - promoted

2 UTM Timisoara 30 31

3 Mecanica Orastie 30 31

4 Minerul Paroseni 30 31

5 Minerul Moldova-Noua 30 30

6 Minerul Stiinta Vulcan 30 30

7 Metalul Bosca 30 29

8 Dacia Orastie 30 29

9 Minerul Certej 30 29

10 Metalul Otelu-Rosu 30 29

11 Minerul Anina 30 29

12 Victoria Calan 30 29

13 Constructorul Timisoara 30 29

14 Minerul Oravita 30 29

15 Minerul Ghelar 30 29 - Relegated

16 Minerul Aninoasa 30 28 - Relegated

</pre>

Taken from here, you cant get a closer end of season table

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

I posted a thread not long ago where if I won my last game by two goals, I'd win the league on goals scored. This last game was away at the then leaders, but we won 3-0 icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I happened to play Man Utd on the last day of that season, needed to beat them by 3 goals to win the league, i won 2-0 icon_frown.gif lol

welldone for getting boro that far up

your local team then? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers mate, and yeah they are icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Scotty Walds:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by trekman:

How come Aston Villa qualified for the Champions League after finishing only 8th? Surely it should have been Arsenal that qualified since they finished 4th? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They probably won the Champions League. The Liverpool loophole was closed icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Villa did win the C.L.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by markcator3006:

Romania Divizia C, Seria A VIII-A, 1983-84

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

P PTS

2 UTM Timisoara 30 31

3 Mecanica Orastie 30 31

4 Minerul Paroseni 30 31

7 Metalul Bosca 30 29

8 Dacia Orastie 30 29

9 Minerul Certej 30 29

11 Minerul Anina 30 29

12 Victoria Calan 30 29

14 Minerul Oravita 30 29

</pre>

Taken from here, you cant get a closer end of season table </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_eek.gif Okay, Ive got to admit that is closer. Imagine how annoyed you would be finishing 15th or 16th that season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs + Eastbourne 4eva:

P PTS

2 UTM Timisoara 30 31

3 Mecanica Orastie 30 31

4 Minerul Paroseni 30 31

7 Metalul Bosca 30 29

8 Dacia Orastie 30 29

9 Minerul Certej 30 29

11 Minerul Anina 30 29

12 Victoria Calan 30 29

14 Minerul Oravita 30 29

[/code]

icon_eek.gif Okay, Ive got to admit that is closer. Imagine how annoyed you would be finishing 15th or 16th that season. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That ONE penalty miss/ offside wrong called = the difference between runner-up and relegation icon_mad.gif

Going by the names, all the teams apart from 8th appear to be mines and factory clubs (assuming 12th is a cake factory icon_razz.gif) .

Archived