Decent or Good?

When your assistant is advising on a possible signing, which is the better recommendation, a decent player or a good player?

If decent is a worse standard, where does it rank with 'fairly good'

Off the top of my head:

Quality

Good

Fairly Good

Useful

Decent

Last Resort

Not Worthwhile

However, I'm with Barca and have a "useful" striker, which I wouldn't normally keep. But his attributes are very good, and you can't complain at 15 goals in La Liga from 28 games

Should sign whatever the price

Definite signing

Would be regarded as an important first team player

Quality signing

Good signing

Fairly good signing

Useful signing

Decent signing

Only sign as a last resort

Would not be a worthwhile signing

So where does the phrase " would make signing him a no - brainer" fit in that list? I have seen it a couple of times in the game but i'm never sure how to take it.

I don't recall seeing that too many times.

Without seeing the player in question - it seems to suggest "Sign him. Sign him now".

Much like if Wayne Rooney became available for Preston tomorrow. It's a no-brainer. You'd sign him.

I actually think there is a difference between the judgement the assistant gives when offering a contract as there is when they are scouting a player.

AFAIK, the ones I listed above are all for scouting a player but the no-brainer, could do worse and others all appear when offering a contract.

Reading the thread again, I think the OP was requesting the ones when offering a contract.

I don't recall seeing that too many times.

Without seeing the player in question - it seems to suggest "Sign him. Sign him now".

Much like if Wayne Rooney became available for Preston tomorrow. It's a no-brainer. You'd sign him.

Thanks. makes sense. I think that because i tend to play as very low level teams (and have attributes masked for players) i occaisionly look at unattached players histories and if i find that they have played at a decent level i ask for a scout report.

Archived