a thought for fm 11

I don't know if this has been said before, i was playing my long term save when i had quite a few players who have be at my club 8+ years. I got thinking what about been able to have testimonial for long serving players. So what's your views on this

Individual ideas are better in their own threads so they can be discussed better.

I'd love to see testimonials. Letting go a long serving player who has done a lot for the club should have more than a just a news item about him going.

Individual ideas are better in their own threads so they can be discussed better.

Personally, I would have thought that a "What do you want to see in FM11?" summary thread would be a better idea, rather than filling the forums with endless threads about the new version? Personal preference I guess... like the new forum layout. [insert "vomit" emoticon here, assuming there were any emoticons not drawn by a 3 year old!]

Anyway, back on topic, especially as this is my first post despite reading these forums for a looooong time......

I think it's a great idea. I'm currently in a journeyman save with Southampton, and Robert Huth is retiring having been a magnificent servant for the last 8 years. I'd love to be able to offer him a testimonial. +1 from me for this .

I think this idea goes well with things like having a trophy room or having some kind of ceremony when you win a competition. It's all part of making the game more alive and rewarding.

I think this quite clearly does NOT go with a trophy room, celebration ceremony's or whatever other fluff and irrelevant nonsense you think might make FM "a bit more shobiz". I play the game to be a football manager, not to decide what the price of the half time cup of tea is.

Having said that, I think more and extra news items, that you can take or leave if you like, are a good idea and news of a testimonial would seem to be a valid addition to that list.

I'd love to see testimonials. Letting go a long serving player who has done a lot for the club should have more than a just a news item about him going.

Then we have a forum full of these threads. That is why there is a thread just for FM11 ideas or ideas for future FM's. Either that or make a complete new section where people can make as many threads as they want like GPTG, then the people using GD don't have to root though a mountain of threads.

• SI Staff
Then we have a forum full of these threads. That is why there is a thread just for FM11 ideas or ideas for future FM's. Either that or make a complete new section where people can make as many threads as they want like GPTG, then the people using GD don't have to root though a mountain of threads.

The wishlist thread was originally set up as somewhere to merge all the "what I want to see in the next FM" list threads that were popping up at the time.

I personally am more interested in reading and contributing to topics that are about one particular suggestion as it's a lot easier to follow and often others come in and contribute and make the original idea better. The wishlist is just a big mass of bullet points with very little discussion flow.

The wishlist thread was originally set up as somewhere to merge all the "what I want to see in the next FM" list threads that were popping up at the time.

I personally am more interested in reading and contributing to topics that are about one particular suggestion as it's a lot easier to follow and often others come in and contribute and make the original idea better. The wishlist is just a big mass of bullet points with very little discussion flow.

Well why not make its own sub section of the forum then. Future FM ideas section. Then people can make as many threads as they want on that subject. We have enough clutter in GD with 'what team should i be' threads and 'is this laptop good enough' threads.

I don't care about testimonials. Any game which is of no importance is just a waste of time for me. If I want a player to have a special goodbye I'll give that to him on his last match.

If it was implemented I'd be happy to see it being optional, to say the least.

on a related issue.... i hate it when a player who loves the club cant be sold when hes getting old. yeh he loves the club, but that shouldnt mean you cant for love nor money get rid of them. and surely clubs would still put in for them. the part where it comes up saying clubs havent put in because they see their determination to stay is ridiculous - surely.

Just thinking... You know when you make a friendly tournament or cup you can name it, i might start naming the cup after long serving players as a testimonial. "The Emile Heskey Testimonial Cup" for instance..

it's not quite the same, would be good if you could approach players/ex players in different clubs etc to play in testimonials. (or get your assistant manager to do it)

Archived